• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reliving my youth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Blue Thunder to come out. Then I could use whisper mode and the camera to get some choice vids of the fit neighbours buffing their muff.

Maybe that's why they haven't done one yet.
    Silverlit I/R Spy Cam (3 Channels) SI84520

You can fit cameras to the bigger ones as well. They aren't especially quiet though.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Silverlit I/R Spy Cam (3 Channels) SI84520

You can fit cameras to the bigger ones as well. They aren't especially quiet though.
      Slightest gust of wind is going to feck that!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        If you do get yourself an electric-heli try and stretch to one with a collective control. Give you some practice for when you get a bigger nitro-powered one...
        Yes, I've been wondering about that because they aren't much more expensive but most of the websites I've looked at seem to think the fixed pitch ones are easier to learn on. I'm not sure if that's just because it costs less when you crash them or if they're actually easier to fly.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Yes, I've been wondering about that because they aren't much more expensive but most of the websites I've looked at seem to think the fixed pitch ones are easier to learn on. I'm not sure if that's just because it costs less when you crash them or if they're actually easier to fly.
          Unfortunately it's a yes and no answer I'm going to give you.

On a fixed pitch Heli, yes it is easier to learn but... You are dependent on the increase and decrease of rotor rpm to gain and lose altitude. This increase and decrease in rpm takes time. Although the rotor-head and rotors are very light in a micro and have little mass there is still a lag in response.

Comment

Last edited by Paddy; 26 October 2011, 18:04.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Rubbish, it didn't crash! And the undercarriage stayed down!

This one's better! Cracking flames!

Comment

I would love to relive my youth. Unfortunately, at nearly 48, I don't think waist length hair, being out of my tits on acid and shagging fat birds is still within my capabilities.

Might buy a RC plane though
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I would recommend a radio controlled model hovercraft.
                  I brought mine into work and "flew" it on the lake outside the office. It sank, much to the amusement of all those watching..

Comment

Every time I've been benched I've had a hankering for learning to fly something RC but at the time I can never justify the cost and when I'm working I don't have the time.

I've come to the conclusion that an RC flight sim like Realflight or Phoenix would be a good place to start, anyone here used these?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

[QUOTE=stek;1416420
                      This one's better! Cracking flames!

[/QUOTE]

And the pilot ejects at 18 seconds.

edit: I went with a R/C tank from Maplin.....for my son you understand.........

Comment

Working...
                      X