• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead cat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    It probably belongs to one of your neighbours - do you feel up to knocking on a few doors? I'd certainly appreciate it, even if the news was bad.
    WSS. Would be awful to get one of those 'lost cat' notices in a few days and have to confess to distraught owners that you'd binned it.

Failing that, you could try one of these. http://www.amazon.co.uk/101-Uses-Dea.../dp/0517545160

Comment

Wait for the reward posters to go up. Then call and ask if the reward is for return dead or alive.

Last edited by bless 'em all; 22 October 2011, 17:37.

Comment

Hang it by a bit of string from your gate with a note: "Found - any chance of a reward?"

Comment

Complete Uses of a Dead Cat

Last edited by OwlHoot; 23 October 2011, 10:50.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Not being a pet owner/lover, what should I do with the body?
            Take it to the local Chinese foodie emporium.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

On my drive.

My guess is it was struck by a car last night and made its way into my drive and snuck under my car.

Dump it anonymously or is there some humane procedure that will enable the (unknown to me) owner determine what happened to their cat.
              When a cat died on my drive, I rang the council and they came within 40 minutes to pick it up. Shoot! I pay enough in poll tax - it came in handy.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                When a cat died on my drive, I rang the council and they came within 40 minutes to pick it up. Shoot! I pay enough in poll tax - it came in handy.
                What about the (probably) very upset owner who's lost his/hers beloved cat? Come on guys.

Comment

On my drive.

My guess is it was struck by a car last night and made its way into my drive and snuck under my car.

Dump it anonymously or is there some humane procedure that will enable the (unknown to me) owner determine what happened to their cat.
                  Very difficult one. Our cat ended up dead on our driveway two years ago - evidently hit in neck (as chip no longer worked) and cost £45 to dispose of. Obviously you don't want to pay that for someone else's cat. And you can't hold onto cat forever waiting for the owner as it will start to smell.

I do hope RSPCA or some other animal charity can help.

Comment

Originally posted by keninparis View Post
                    You're doing the right thing. Cats go missing all the time due their quizicle (hope that spell checking guy doesn't work Saturday's) nature, especially if you live near a takeaway, hence the '7 lives of a cat' saying.
                    9 lives Shirley?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Always call the council. They are used to this, they will come and collect it, scan it and notify the owner. Do not just bury it etc.

Most cat owners know to call the council if their cat has gone missing and suspect it has been run over.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X