• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone watching "Homeland"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    It's a smart move. When watching episodes 'live' there's always a risk the yanks will cancel the show prematurely or without a proper conclusion.
    Dollhouse, Bionic Woman and Windfall

Windfall got to the season finale - big cliffhanger, lots of potential, and they didn't make any more
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Bionic Woman

I was gutted for Zoe Slater when that got canned. Could have been her big break in the USA. She's probably flipping burgers or tossing dwarfs these days.

The show itself wasn't bad, the writers just didn't make it coherent enough. I preferred female Starbuck (not to be mistaken with the real deal Starbuck) in this than in Battlestar Galactica.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Is that legal?

Do you need marigolds?

Just need a red light.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Once you have watched The Sopranos all else pales in comparision.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I'll have to get around to buying the dvd of S3 of Breaking Bad.

I just loved the head on a turtle scene.

It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Along with the "Why are you blue?" scene between Walter & Jesse.
            Never watched it. Saw it had good reviews, but never got round to watching it.

Ditto The Wire.

Ditto The Sopranos.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              I thought that until I watched the wire. Plus watching boardwalk empire which is also superb
              We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
              - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
                I thought that until I watched the wire. Plus watching boardwalk empire which is also superb
                season 2 is four episodes in

Break Bad is also up there with the wire and the sopranos
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Break Bad is also up there with the wire and the sopranos

Breaking Bad is the only one out of those three that I've watched beyond the first couple of episodes.

Maybe I should give the others another try, they just didn't hook me enough instantly to persevere. Maybe they're not to everyone's taste.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    The "Pine Barrens" episode was on Sky Atlantic the other night. Truly exceptional TV. While I prefer The Wire as a whole, there were a few Sopranos episodes that stand out as possibly even better.

Comment

A good series, but didn't like the last 30 minutes - seemed out of kilter with the rest.

Can't help the feeling that this storyline was only intended to last 1 series just like the original Israeli programme it was based upon.

The original ending probably had Brody either following through or being stopped at the end. Yet when ratings showed how much of a money spinner they had, I think they decided to last episode so they can string out the story line for another 3 years - aka Lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X