• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sailing into the Sunset

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my first cruise a few months ago. Best fun is settling down with a drink on your balcony at departure time, watching for latecomers. One guy arrived in his hire car, and abandoned it on the doc, with the keys in and the doors lying open, just getting on as they pulled the gangway in.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

You didn't say where you were going in the Med

This time of year East Med Turkey/Greece/Cyprus/Egypt are still good for the weather

Not so good if you are doing a Barcelona,Venice/Rome/Malta itinerary

suppose the best would be around the Canaries at this time of year
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        You didn't say where you were going in the Med

This time of year East Med Turkey/Greece/Cyprus/Egypt are still good for the weather

Not so good if you are doing a Barcelona,Venice/Rome/Malta itinerary

suppose the best would be around the Canaries at this time of year
        The Canary Islands have **** all to do with Canaries and they are not in the Med.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          The Canary Islands have **** all to do with Canaries and they are not in the Med.
          but what do the canarians know eh?

or Canaries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I know of no major cruise line itinerary that originates in the Canary Islands, but rather start somewhere like Genoa or Barcelona, head over to Casablanca or similar and then out (of the Med) to the Canary Islands and back to the Med to disembark.

Unless of course the cruise originates in Southampton which agreed is definitely not in the Med

HTH

Comment

but what do the canarians know eh?

or Canaries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I know of no major cruise line itinerary that originates in the Canary Islands, but rather start somewhere like Genoa or Barcelona, head over to Casablanca or similar and then out (of the Med) to the Canary Islands and back to the Med to disembark.

Unless of course the cruise originates in Southampton which agreed is definitely not in the Med

HTH
            What's your point?

Comment

What's your point?
              A response to your post:

Or did I miss your point?

Comment

A response to your post:

Or did I miss your point?
                My main point was about them not being in the Med. The dogs bit was just some added info.

Comment

What an awful way to spend a holiday. Shut onto a ship with a bunch of old people with your daily routine mapped out precisely. The day I feel the desire to go on a cruise will be the day I book in to Dignitas.

People go on cruises because all their friends have died
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    What an awful way to spend a holiday. Shut onto a ship with a bunch of old people with your daily routine mapped out precisely. The day I feel the desire to go on a cruise will be the day I book in to Dignitas.

People go on cruises because all their friends have died
                    A ship call Dignitas?

Comment

A ship call Dignitas?
                      Unfortunately Switzerland is landlocked
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X