• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rugby World Cup: Do fans support their own hemisphere?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    margaret Thatcher is also supporting Wales
    She always has done; after all she helped them to reorganise that loss making coal industry they were lumbered with in the past.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

"There hasn't been any great shift in English attitudes to Wales," insisted Dr Johnes, author of a history of Welsh sport. "It's a combination of following the underdog and a fellow British team.

"It's no different to them supporting (Scottish tennis player) Andy Murray."
      Hmm... might have gone a step too far in that statement
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'm old enough to remember when Wales were great. JPR, JJ, Mervyn, Gareth Edwards, the Pontypool front row, the King.

It seemed the normal way of things when I grew up. I was pleased they had a revival recently with a couple of grand slams, so aside from anything else I suppose I'm a bit nostalgic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I'm old enough to remember when Wales were great. JPR, JJ, Mervyn, Gareth Edwards, the Pontypool front row, the King.

It seemed the normal way of things when I grew up. I was pleased they had a revival recently with a couple of grand slams, so aside from anything else I suppose I'm a bit nostalgic.
          For years Wales got the wooden spoon so when the revival started (I first became aware during the 2003 World Cup) it was very welcome

Similar to being pleased that Italy are improving each season - no one likes to see a team constantly hammered - much more exciting if it is a closely contested match
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            She always has done; after all she helped them to reorganise that loss making coal industry they were lumbered with in the past.
            She saved the rest of us from having to support the mining industry
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              margaret Thatcher is also supporting Wales
              Figures. The evil old witch is as mad as a bag full of badgers these days. Only a matter of time before POTG day.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                AllBlacks if they are there, Frogs if the Aussies are there. Although support is a bit strong - I would prefer the Blacks to win but always enjoy the Frogs when they have their "one glorious game".
                Trouble is as Wales are playing pretty well the Frogs will have their OGG against them and be tulip in the final.

PS - I would welcome a Wales win but that wasn't your question
                Well they certainly didn't have OGG today - so possibly the final???
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Working...
                X