• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Prices stable - yeah right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It's all very well keeping people in their houses via QE, but how are new buyers going to afford a £500,000 mortgage? Unless we have hyperinflation in wages too.
    You don't need new buyers. No one buys and no one sells, but the hyperthetical price goes up due to estate agents being deluded *****.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You are correct.

Your house will be sold for £1 trillion if you wait 1000 years, it's nothing compared with half life of carbon.
      Its a mortgage free holiday home, so I can probably wait the 1000 years, or my kids and their kids can and their kids ....etc.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        So no point waiting really, just buy one now.
        Yes, buy now, at the end of the biggest boom in history. When house prices are already falling. And the banks have turned off the money taps (as they never had the money in the first place...) Oh, and this mornings news reports that 50% of EAs have disappeared since 2008.

House price boom? Buy now? I think not.

Ps. Been watching one property in the NW that's already had £70k trimmed off in the last 9 months alone. Still unsold. And a long way further to fall.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          Yes, buy now, at the end of the biggest boom in history. When house prices are already falling. And the banks have turned off the money taps (as they never had the money in the first place...) Oh, and this mornings news reports that 50% of EAs have disappeared since 2008.

Ps. Been watching one property in the NW that's already had £70k trimmed off in the last 9 months alone. Still unsold. And a long way further to fall.
          You calling Kirsty a fat lying slag?

Comment

You calling Kirsty a fat lying slag?

Oi! Less of the "lying"!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Apart from the £75 billion printed yesterday?

Comment

interesting discussion here. I always end up more confused though as every side appears to have a good argument... in the end only time will tell I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  interesting discussion here. I always end up more confused though as every side appears to have a good argument... in the end only time will tell I guess.
                  Tis swings and roundabouts. Buy a house and it will go up in value. Maybe not immediately, and it might take a drop before it goes up, but ultimately, it will always go up. It's completely immaterial as well - once you're on the ladder, prices going up and down make no difference at all - unless you have two places to live, you're always going to need a house, which means your gains just get passed down the chain.....

If you don't want to move any time soon, you're fine - the only difference you'll see is mortgaging options shrinking the further away you get from having 20% collateral in the property.....
                  "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                  SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
                    Tis swings and roundabouts. Buy a house and it will go up in value. Maybe not immediately, and it might take a drop before it goes up, but ultimately, it will always go up. It's completely immaterial as well - once you're on the ladder, prices going up and down make no difference at all - unless you have two places to live, you're always going to need a house, which means your gains just get passed down the chain.....

If you don't want to move any time soon, you're fine - the only difference you'll see is mortgaging options shrinking the further away you get from having 20% collateral in the property.....
                    This govt will not allow house prices to fall much. We'll see a helicopter drop of cash before then, or govt mortages interest free for life. Too many Tories have massive BTL portfolios for them to do otherwise.

Buy and relax.

Infact buy 1000 BTL house, and be even more relaxed nothing can go wrong and you're children will inherit a fortune.

Perma boom.

Comment

This govt will not allow house prices to fall much. We'll see a helicopter drop of cash before then, or govt mortages interest free for life. Too many Tories have massive BTL portfolios for them to do otherwise.

Buy and relax.

Infact buy 1000 BTL house, and be even more relaxed nothing can go wrong and you're children will inherit a fortune.

Perma boom.
                      You getting confused between "houses" and "pyramids".

But you were right about Krusty.
                      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                      X