• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To lift the Sporting gloom!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    I'm all ears.
    Yes. With very little in between.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Because he hasn't won a Slam he "doesn't understand the nuances of professional tennis"? Only being ranked 4th on the entire planet does pale compared to your ability to eat pies while watching on TV for knowledge of the sport, good point.
      I merely pointed out that he hasn't won one, and ventured an opinion why, which I stand by.

If I remember, Safin's sister was ranked #1 in the world, yet was Tulip because she got all her ranking points by winning tournaments in places like Azerbaijan, China, New Zealand, etc, etc, and used to get caned in any major competition she entered. So, maybe there is a ranking system that's a touch flawed.

And of course, I have offered an opinion different than yours, so I am a know nothing fat lad am I?

Again, simply showing your lack of credibility, by attacking me, not my argument. AFAIK, Murray has won nothing of note, not one slam and is, like Henman before, a bit of a bag of wind when it comes to the slams. This, to me, indicates he hasn't got it in him, to win one, hence the statement, no grey matter, no stones.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Yes. With very little in between.

Wow, must be on the hard stuff by now to have plucked that one from the depths of your school books.

Comment

Wow, must be on the hard stuff by now to have plucked that one from the depths of your school books.
          You seem to default back to an alcohol-based rating system rather easily. And your moniker contains a reference to "Zoider".
          That would seem to explain your rather bizarre conclusions across a range of affairs.
          Top Tip.......spit out some of the bugs next time you imbibe, they don't seem to agree with you.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You seem to default back to an alcohol-based rating system rather easily. And your moniker contains a reference to "Zoider".
            That would seem to explain your rather bizarre conclusions across a range of affairs.
            Top Tip.......spit out some of the bugs next time you imbibe, they don't seem to agree with you.
            Again, possibly a slip on your geneologically induced shortcomings, but Zoidermen is a geolocational nickname for people from Somerset. I'll not charge you for educating you this time. As for mentioning alcohol, I took it as you are from Scotland you'd have trouble with alcohol, drinking to forget, drinking as you're a dependent nation. you know, that sort of thing. Not mentioned it to anyone else, bizarre that, given it's your, mistaken, belief I have some kind of alcohol based rating system...

Comment

but Zoidermen is a geolocational nickname for people from Somerset.
              Who, of course, never over-indulge in cheap scrumpy and the like. Thanks for clearing that up...............

As for the rest of your posts, drinking to forget might not be such a bad thing.

Comment

Who, of course, never over-indulge in cheap scrumpy and the like. Thanks for clearing that up...............

As for the rest of your posts, drinking to forget might not be such a bad thing.

Again, this ones for free son. We don't drink scrumpy, and haven't for years, as proper scrumpy is for farm hands. Now I know you have alternated my trade from forecasting, to janitor, but not farming yet. I do notice that Scotland has it's own cider related drink issues.

What with that new supermarket tax coming in from Alex and his buds at Holrood, I can see why you're getting all angry, with no more cheap piss to drink away the tulipe of a life being a sweaty must be

Comment

Again, this ones for free son. We don't drink scrumpy, and haven't for years, as proper scrumpy is for farm hands.
                  Yes of course. I am sure it is all "Pimms O'clock "in the hostelries of Bridgwater and Taunton these days.

What with that new supermarket tax coming in from Alex and his buds at Holrood, I can see why you're getting all angry, with no more cheap piss to drink away the tulipe of a life being a sweaty must be
                  Well when his powers extend to South Devon, I'll let you know.

Comment

Yes of course. I am sure it is all "Pimms O'clock "in the hostelries of Bridgwater and Taunton these days.

Well when his powers extend to South Devon, I'll let you know.

Mainly cheap lager, as it is everywhere shaunnyboy, as you well know.

South Devon? good rates there then mate Also makes a point about living in Scotland mind, nothing worse, no wonder you got out to Devon too, fit in nicely with your 6 fingers...

Comment

Mainly cheap lager, as it is everywhere shaunnyboy, as you well know.

South Devon? good rates there then mate Also makes a point about living in Scotland mind, nothing worse, no wonder you got out to Devon too, fit in nicely with your 6 fingers...
                      You're not very good at this, are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X