• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come on Foxy Knoxy - You can do it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Always was wrong apparently.
    Not necessarily, the defence just raised enough doubt to allow the evidence to be discreditable. They didn't prove without a doubt that any evidence was wrong and so couldn't in fact be true. That's how we've gone from one extreme to the other and the Kercher family know it.

I think focussing on the murder weapon was a good diversionary tactic by the defence. Maybe they knew it wasn't the actual weapon, so discredited the evidence rather than everyone assuming the murder weapon hasn't been found.

Other evidence points more firmly to involvement:

1. Phones turned off overnight, first time ever according to logs.

2. Taking a shower despite there being blood everywhere. Yep, normal behaviour when confronted with a murder scene, if you're blind.

Edit: looks like I was right, discredit the weakest evidence and the rest is ignored.

BBC News - 10 factors that helped Knox's case

The Italian appeals process offers more guarantees to defendants than any other legal system in the world, whereby only the weakest evidence is treated, not the whole case. Knox's team only had to attack the DNA evidence against her to undermine the whole edifice of the original trial. Italy has one of lowest prison populations in the world because of its lenient appeals process.
    What a sham.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Ah, but 'something to hide' may not be 'something illegal' and may not be connected to the crime

Maybe, but when staring at 26 year sentences I'd expect the truth to come out pretty sharpish.

What can be so shameful they'd rather rot in prison than face the truth being known?

Maybe they were there but on drugs or drunk, so didn't remember the actual event with clarity, decided to cover it up, and ended up being found out, but the defence eventually did a good enough job to throw out a conviction.

It's a pretty simple scenario. Someone got killed, someone did it. They were there or they weren't. What does the evidence say?
      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Maybe, but when staring at 26 year sentences I'd expect the truth to come out pretty sharpish.

What can be so shameful they'd rather rot in prison than face the truth being known?

Maybe they were there but on drugs or drunk, so didn't remember the actual event with clarity, decided to cover it up, and ended up being found out, but the defence eventually did a good enough job to throw out a conviction.

It's a pretty simple scenario. Someone got killed, someone did it. They were there or they weren't. What does the evidence say?
        As I said, people are not rational.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As I said, people are not rational.
          Which is why evidence is important. Some facts can't be changed just obfuscated, which is the job of the defence.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Swerving off topic a bit:

Italy split over Knox murder verdict

Berlusconi is under investigation for an array of charges, including tax evasion, abuse of power, influence peddling, bribery, and paying an underage girl for sex. Berlusconi's "bunga bunga" trial -- related to alleged sex parties he hosted -- restarted in Milan Monday, the same day as the Knox and Sollecito verdict.
            And these are the people we want to unite with in Europe?

And coming back on topic:
            Not only did the acquittal of the two youngsters assure that Berlusconi's latest hearing was buried inside Tuesday's newspapers, but the overturned conviction of Knox and Sollecito does nothing but bolster the prime minister's long-held belief that the Italian courts are not competent to decide on any party's guilt or innocence.
            Yes, when a trial goes one way and then goes another you do start to wonder about the justice system. Third time lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Swerving off topic a bit:

Italy split over Knox murder verdict

And these are the people we want to unite with in Europe?

And coming back on topic:

Yes, when a trial goes one way and then goes another you do start to wonder about the justice system. Third time lucky?
              Swerving back toward the topic, I wonder if Silvio's got Foxy's phone number?

Comment

Swerving back toward the topic, I wonder if Silvio's got Foxy's phone number?
                She's too old.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  She's too old.
                  Could be the first legal night out for both of them.

Comment

As I said, women are not rational.
                    FTFY
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Knoxy is still being good ole Foxy.

Why behave with decorum when you can laugh and grin like the proverbial cheshire cat while being whisked out of the country.

Any chance of a cartwheel?

Update: She's in London. I wonder if Max Clifford is there to meet her.

Amanda Knox verdict: Freed as appeal court overturns murder conviction | Mail Online
                      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                      X