• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hangover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    For hair of the dog I prefer a bloody mary, but Irn Bru is a good non-alcoholic cure. A couple of paracetamol plus in the morning followed by a can of Irn Bru and I'm usually sorted, or at least it gets me to my desk so I can invoice
    Lager shandy is excellent hair of the dog. It combines all the sugary goodness of lemonade with the restorative power of booze.

Hotel self-service breakfast is also an excellent idea. I recommend 15 hash browns, coffee and clear apple juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I drink a lot at one sitting but never seem to get hangovers and I'm not sure why. Doesn't matter what I drink or if I mix or not.

Seems the more I drink the hungrier I am when I wake up and most times crave a cooked breakfast. I look forward to CUK meets in London where I can indulge with friends (the ones that don't remind me what I got up to), a decent hotel with better breakfast - I love those help yourself deals, go back as often as you like

No advice to offer but if you're suffering the best hair of the dog is a wee brandy and port, sorts you out in no time.
      Hilton Sunshine Breakfast - The breakfast of pissheads!

Ftw.

Comment

Working...
      X