• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the Experts: Easy Jet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my weekly commute via EJ for the 14 months I was working in Geneva. I didn't have too many problems with them.

Their policy of not reserving seats can be a pain if you are travelling in a group. Unless you are in a party with little kids, I'd suggest betting one person a Speedy Boarder ticket and getting them onto the plane first to reserve seats. Or just be prepared to join in with the scrum at the gates!! From the EJ perspective, this rush for seats gets the plane boarded quickly, rather than others where people hang about in the bar, knowing they have a seat already reserved.

I think that their in cabin size allocation is fairly generous and you find that the luggage racks fill upquicker than the seats. So if you are late getting on, you'll not have anywhere to put your hand luggage. When I used them I'd often head straight to the back, knowing that my case would be the first into the empty bin above my head and wouldn't be half way down the plane, which is a pain when you are getting off. I think their website has the dimensions of the case for the cabin. I just went to the shops and bought a case that matched these dimemnsions. There is also no weight restriction on the hand luggage which begs the question how do they know how heavy the plane is given that most people take only hand luggage!

If the flight is in the afternoon or evening, expect it to be delayed. They have a quick turn around, so any delays earlier in the day cannot be made up by doing a quick turn around.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
      Easyjet? Can someone point me to where the real contractors hang out?

ffs!
      Flying CheasyJet puts more profit in the company profits bin old boy. For an hours flight there is no point paying over the odds. Occasionaly catch a cheap deal with other providers, but it is rare.
      Compare and contrast providers Zurich - Manchester.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
        Flying CheasyJet puts more profit in the company profits bin old boy. For an hours flight there is no point paying over the odds. Occasionaly catch a cheap deal with other providers, but it is rare.
        Compare and contrast providers Zurich - Manchester.
        Sas has got his own Learjet, which is the minimum requirement for a true contractor.

He takes off from Wandsworth Airport.

Comment

I just get whichever flight is most convenient. I refuse to spend the extra time driving to an airport further away just to save a couple of hundred pounds and likewise, I won’t do the same just to avoid scum air.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            I just get whichever flight is most convenient. I refuse to spend the extra time driving to an airport further away just to save a couple of hundred pounds and likewise, I won’t do the same just to avoid scum air.
            Just to save a couple of hundred pounds! That's about a couple of hundreds pounds (minus ~£50) more than I spend going from my local airport

Comment

Working...
            X