• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My trip to Oxford

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Or fly to Birmingham ... and you get a free ride on the monorail.
    WHS

Of course you get hit by rip off train charges on one end of it and airport entrance fee (even for taxies) on another.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Imaginary number

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        WHS

Of course you get hit by rip off train charges on one end of it and airport entrance fee (even for taxies) on another.
        £29.50 one way, even at peak hour isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Why the fook would you stay in a hotel near Heathrow? Why not head towards Oxford and find somewhere en route?
          Honestly scooter, they really do see you coming.
          Because it was 11pm and I was too tired to do anything about it. The Sofitel would be my first choice but they were fully booked. My fault for not knowing you have to plan those trips with military precision when visiting england.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            £29.50 one way, even at peak hour isn't too bad.
            Air tickets cheaper than trains for sure: £70 standard single to London...

Comment

So let's get this straight. Your rare skills were so much in demand that the client had to get you in from another country, but you had to pay for all the costs and stay in a crap hotel?
              Sounds like you cocked up and had to fix your mistakes at your own expense. What a loser you are.

PS Can someone do the necessary and quote me
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                My fault for not knowing you have to plan those trips with military precision when visiting england.
                Your fault is that you expect to charge your clients top coin yet you want to pay others who provide you with essential services as little as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Because it was 11pm and I was too tired to do anything about it. The Sofitel would be my first choice but they were fully booked. My fault for not knowing you have to plan those trips with military precision when visiting england.
                  You'll upset Corporal Jones with that sort of talk.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
                    lots.
                    How much, £1000 per day presumably?

Go on tell me, I want to know how much it would cost me to hire you for one mathematical project I've got in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      So let's get this straight. Your rare skills were so much in demand that the client had to get you in from another country, but you had to pay for all the costs and stay in a crap hotel?
                      Sounds like you cocked up and had to fix your mistakes at your own expense. What a loser you are.

PS Can someone do the necessary and quote me
                      Roger.

Comment

Working...
                      X