• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sion-Ara!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Sion and their mad chairman are repeat offenders. They tapped up an egyptian goalie and broke the rules. They then transgressed by signing players when they were forbidden to do so. They then further compounded the problem by playing said players repeatedly having been warned they were ineligible. They then dragged the civil courts into the matter when that is again something illegal according to UEFA rules.
    Whilst I do not rate the performance of FIFA/UEFA, if they are replaced then the next regime will in all probability be just as bad.
    Actually the facts are that they were banned for two transfer windows. FIFA did not specify which transfer windows, so Sion counted the current transfer window they were in and the subsequent one as the two windows. FIFA said nope, we meant the next one and the one after. Sion said you didn't say that.

End result FIFA imposed transfer embargo, Sion disputed it, Swiss FA would not allow them to register the players for the Swiss league, Sion went to court and won, Swiss FA had to register them.

UEFA Europa League rules state each club is responsible for submitting an A list of players (List A) and a B list of players (List B), duly signed, to its association for verification, validation, signature and forwarding to UEFA.

Sion sent the list to the Swiss FA and they were verified, validated, signed and sent onto UEFA. To the letter of the law, the players were registered for the Europa league as the rules set out.

UEFA are going to lose on this. However, I don't see them reinstating Sion, they'll end up just paying compensation.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      UEFA are going to lose on this. However, I don't see them reinstating Sion, they'll end up just paying compensation.
      I wouldn't be so sure.
      Sion lawyers went to civil courts, breaking FIFA statutes, after losing verdicts at FIFA, the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the Swiss supreme court.

Sion broke FIFA transfer rules in 2008 by luring goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary to walk out on Egyptian club Al-Ahly in the middle of the season. It received a one-year transfer ban from the governing body of world football.

Platini said Tuesday that football should sanction clubs for “using their influence and wealth to induce players to breach their contracts.”

“This is against all rules of sporting fairness,” he said.

FIFA and UEFA believed Sion’s ban took effect when the club exhausted an officially recognized appeal route at Switzerland’s supreme court in January.

However, the legal saga continued because Sion contended that it served the ban cumulatively over a series of trading periods.

Platini said before the Europa League draw in Monaco last month that Sion’s team against Celtic included players signed “in clear violation of the ban.”

UEFA entered Sion in the draw with an asterisk against the club’s name pending the outcome of Celtic’s protests. The group also includes Udinese and Rennes.

Sion and Constantin have pursued many lines of legal attack and defense during more than three years of wrangling.

The club’s holding company tried to launch a criminal action against FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke and UEFA counterpart Gianni Infantino for allegedly coercing the Swiss Football Association to help persuade Sion to accept its punishments.

Public prosecutors in Vaud refused to accept the case last month.

Anyway, who cares? More money for the Hoops and some great European nights to look forward to. Happy Days!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Anyway, who cares? More money for the Hoops and some great European humpings to look forward to. Happy Days!

FTFY
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          FTFY
          Keeps the huns amused, the only smiles they'll have on their faces this season
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Keeps the huns amused, the only smiles they'll have on their faces this season
            Tell me about it, we're too busy keeping our eye on the piggybank to be worrying about things like Europe. Plus the way we're going it'd be the Megabus to Barcelona.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Tell me about it, we're too busy keeping our eye on the piggybank to be worrying about things like Europe. Plus the way we're going it'd be the Megabus to Barcelona.

To coin an old gag, well, from last night anyway.....

HMRC are going to impose a £14M penalty on Rangers.

You c**ts are always getting penalties

Comment

Rangers won't become insolvent and wither but tough times ahead I think. It's been mentioned that maybe Whyte is a bit out of his depth financially. If he wants to play with the big boys...
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Rangers won't become insolvent and wither but tough times ahead I think. It's been mentioned that maybe Whyte is a bit out of his depth financially. If he wants to play with the big boys...
                  He's actually from Motherwell, the Whyte fella. Maybe he's a secret agent working for John Boyle.

And being from Motherwell, anything that involves more cash than a bottle of Buckie, 10 Mayfair and a packet of Monster Munch would cost will be too complicated to comprehend

Comment

Working...
                  X