• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What are you doing this weekend?
    Outdoor jobs pending the onset of autumn. I have a drainage problem in the lower field I need to sort out tomorrow.

By the way BP, nice to see you back. I don't visit so often now, but then again I did go perm ...

Comment

Frome Cheese Show! Frome Cheese Show! and us parking marshalls have got swanky new tabards to wear this year!!

Comment

Currently in the office, providing support for a migration. Air con is off over the weekend, sweatbox.

ITV1 streaming RWC. :-) Go England.

Bloody DPD delivery man wasn't persistant enough at my door and disappeared without delivering all my new computer kit, but after an earful to the customer services he's coming back at 12.

So this afternoon and probably some of tomorrow I will mainly be PC building. Whilst the wife's good will lasts. :-)
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          I will mainly be PC building. Whilst the wife's good will lasts. :-)

Building your own PC is great.

All those pretty little packaged components. A case with no sharp metal edges. CPU that only fits one way. Ram that only fits one way. Data cables that only fit one way and with no pins to bend. No soldering iron or band aids required.

We've never had it so good.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I'm mostly having a massive hangover.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I'm mostly having a massive hangover.
              WHS. Second day and still dying. Owww.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                Frome Cheese Show! Frome Cheese Show! and us parking marshalls have got swanky new tabards to wear this year!!
                Frome is such a tulip hole. Surprised it survived the rioting.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  WHS. Second day and still dying. Owww.
                  Why do women always milk the pain thing? It's not like who have to go through conception.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Getting ready for Katia.

All garden furniture down by the burn in the lee of the hedge.
                    Scaffolding down from the side of the house.
                    Checked the genny, replaced four-year-old petrol, ran it for a couple of minutes to dry it out.
                    Hayshed and barns closed down and locked.
                    Moved the Volvo away from the dodgy chimney.
                    Candles, torches, batteries all to hand.

After all this I bet it misses us by miles now... bloody hope so.

Just love life in the sticks..........

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                      Just love life in the sticks..........

That's the biggest danger of all, the sticks.

You don't one of the large ones falling on your head, or house.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X