• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What has happened to Scottish football?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Financial fair play ensures football's stability ? UEFA.com

Once these plans kick in, everyone will be compelled to. We already have.............on the financial front anyway.
    Brilliant Balance sheet, but to the detriment of the Team Sheet it seems.

If it actually happens, I suspect clubs will find all sorts of ways to get around it.

But the problems are deeper than that. Celtic lost to a Swiss team, Rangers to some Slovenians, and Dundee to a Polish team I'd never heard of. None of those have huge budgets. At least Scots should get past minnows like that.

And what exciting Scottish talent has there been in recent years? The next Dalglish or Souness? Something is badly wrong in Scottish football.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      If it actually happens, I suspect clubs will find all sorts of ways to get around it.

But the problems are deeper than that. Celtic lost to a Swiss team, Rangers to some Slovenians, and Dundee to a Polish team I'd never heard of. None of those have huge budgets. At least Scots should get past minnows like that.

And what exciting Scottish talent has there been in recent years? The next Dalglish or Souness? Something is badly wrong in Scottish football.
      Charlie Adam isn't bad. Isn't Darren Fletcher Scottish as well? Agreed neither of them are close to Kenny's standard.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Charlie Adam isn't bad. Isn't Darren Fletcher Scottish as well? Agreed neither of them are close to Kenny's standard.
        True, they are about the best they've got, but I wonder how many fans will remember them in 20 years time.

Comment

Working...
        X