• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Libya - It's all over bar the shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It does not matter who gets oil as long as it flows to world oil market - this would reduce prices for everyone (including other evil dictators who fund their regimes with high oil prices).

I doubt Libya has that much oil reserves that it will significantly drive down prices.

The involvement of western countries in this war, through NATO, is much more complex and the picture will be clearer in the coming months.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      I doubt Libya has that much oil reserves that it will significantly drive down prices.

The involvement of western countries in this war, through NATO, is much more complex and the picture will be clearer in the coming months.
      Good point - one thing is clear is that NATO's War has nothng to do with "protecting the Libyan people"- quite the opposite - I fear they will now suffer a terrible decline in living standards.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

I think they have plenty of oil reserves. I have no idea whether the years of isolation and sanctions had an effect...
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Libya: the minister, the Tory donor and a contract to supply oil - Telegraph

An oil firm whose chief executive has bankrolled the Conservatives won exclusive rights to trade with Libyan rebels during the conflict, following secret talks involving the British Government.

Wow! I never saw that one coming....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Libya: the minister, the Tory donor and a contract to supply oil - Telegraph

An oil firm whose chief executive has bankrolled the Conservatives won exclusive rights to trade with Libyan rebels during the conflict, following secret talks involving the British Government.

Wow! I never saw that one coming....

Its not what you think - its just the UK Government's heroic detemination to protect the people of Libya by confiscating the Oil Money thereby ensuring the Libyans dont blow it on X-Boxs, Sweets and Booze etc

Only a Fool cant see that.

PS isn't everybody anxious that the Algerian Poeple are not being protected enough ?
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 September 2011, 09:52.

Comment

Working...
            X