• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B: Hurricane Irene

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Maybe wxman is getting ready to get on the highway to travel north east: 34.688940, -77.068180 - Google Maps

where landfall is expected : http://crisislanding.appspot.com/

Into the eye of the storm and beyond!

A close by beach web cam doesn't give much away: Holden Beach Surf Report
    Mandatory evacuation
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Mandatory evacuation
      It's showing as category 2 here, 100mph winds. Which is bad, but not too bad?

Comment

It's showing as category 2 here, 100mph winds. Which is bad, but not too bad?
        Bad enough if you live in a trailer.

Makes the thunderstorm we had here earlier seem trivial despite several power outages and flooding. Was cool to watch mind you.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Makes the thunderstorm we had here earlier seem trivial despite several power outages and flooding. Was cool to watch mind you.
          We had a big downpour down south today too. Biggest I've seen for a while. I wore a mac in a sack and still got soaked, feet and shins were exposed and capillary action did the rest. It was nice to walk in it though, with it being relatively warm outside.

According to that hurricane map I put up last post, the eye of the storm won't reach land until 8 a.m. EDT tomorrow, which I believe is 1pm GMT. Things may heat up before then, but that I guess that is the time of the main event.

Comment

We had a big downpour down south today too. Biggest I've seen for a while. I wore a mac in a sack and still got soaked, feet and shins were exposed and capillary action did the rest. It was nice to walk in it though, with it being relatively warm outside.

According to that hurricane map I put up last post, the eye of the storm won't reach land until 8 a.m. EDT tomorrow, which I believe is 1pm GMT. Things may heat up before then, but that I guess that is the time of the main event.
            Isn't the eye of the storm the relatively calm bit? I would imagine tropical storm force winds at least would make themselves felt a bit before then anyway and the last report I saw seems to show it weakening slightly although a drop in pressure at the centre would indicate stronger winds than currently forecast.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

wxman's on the move.

Coincidentaly was just listening to this;

Me, me, me...

Comment

Isn't the eye of the storm the relatively calm bit? I would imagine tropical storm force winds at least would make themselves felt a bit before then anyway and the last report I saw seems to show it weakening slightly although a drop in pressure at the centre would indicate stronger winds than currently forecast.
                Just before, and especially just after the eye passes are when it's at its worst I think.

Comment

Just before, and especially just after the eye passes are when it's at its worst I think.
                  Ahh, that would make sense.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

It's ok if your name Dorothy.

HTH

Comment

Some live storm tracking here: http://www.tornadovideos.net/full-sc...aser-video.php

Comment

Working...
                      X