• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS - Colonel Gaddafi hires new spokeperson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Well I hope it ends well for the Libyan people.
    It's all in their hands.

Comment

Listening to the Libyan information minister chappie yesterday - and it also reminded me of Comical Ali.

The site of him standing in central Baghdad denying that the Americans were there - prompting Sky cut to their reporter with a platoon of yanks on the other side of the expanse of wherever they were - who politely asked the commanding officer if there were truly in Baghdad because "that guy over there says we aren't really here".

Last time I checked, he was never charged with the rest of the Saddam regime, in large part because he simply knew nothing

Comment

Great - another victory for Al Queda .... this will end very badly - phase two Al Queda V NATO coming up ...

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

His revelations came even as Idriss Deby Itno, Chad's president, said al-Qaeda had managed to pillage military arsenals in the Libyan rebel zone and acquired arms, "including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries".

Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008.

I would like to know - just who gave permission for this Al Queda chap to be released ??? How many British and Americans has he killed - its a disgrace
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 22 August 2011, 07:46.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          If its on Wikipedia it MUST be true
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            Great - another victory for Al Queda
            It's victory for people of Libya and this time the West helped them win their freedom rather than supply weapons of oppression to yet another dictator, refreshing change.

Now they will sell oil to the West and improve their standard of living nicely, some sense of justice too and the next dictator in that country would know what awaits him, good news all around.

As for Al Quaeda then it's far more dangerous in Yemen.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It's victory for people of Libya and this time the West helped them win their freedom rather than supply weapons of oppression to yet another dictator, refreshing change.

Now they will sell oil to the West and improve their standard of living nicely, some sense of justice too and the next dictator in that country would know what awaits him, good news all around.

As for Al Quaeda then it's far more dangerous in Yemen.

So you support All Queda in Libya - fair enough. But thats not a victory for the Libyan people .

Comment

So you support All Queda in Libya - fair enough. But thats not a victory for the Libyan people .
                I support people fighting against tyrants for their freedom.

I don't think there is much Al Queda there at all, but if their focus shifts to fighting for freedom in their own countries rather than trying to blow up Western targets then such change would be very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I support people fighting against tyrants for their freedom.

I don't think there is much Al Queda there at all, but if their focus shifts to fighting for freedom in their own countries rather than trying to blow up Western targets then such change would be very welcome.
                  Im sorry - I will not support any group which has Al Queda members - no excuses and no exceptions - totally unaceptable.

Disgraceful.

Comment

Im sorry - I will not support any group which has Al Queda members - no excuses and no exceptions - totally unaceptable.
                    I support (in principle) people who fight for their freedom against tyrants.

Just because some members of terrorist group join them or claimed to have joined won't affect my support. It's very convenient for tyrants to claim rebels have bad elements (who doesn't), but it should be discounted so long as it's not material.

Now if Al Quaeda becomes substantial force like it happened with Taleban and after winning freedom in local territory they start training or planning for attacks, then it's another matter altogether.

As for disgrace I think given your support for Putin you've got no leg to stand on.

Comment

Gaddafi already looks like a corpse:

And the disguise doesn't help:

Posing as a traffic warden

They seek him here, they seek him there
                      Nato seeks him everywhere
                      Is he in heaven? Is he in hell?
                      That damned, elusive Muammar Muhammad al-Gaddafi

Comment

Working...
                      X