• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looter pwned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
    does the disk encryption slow your machine down at all?
    Not that I can tell but I use it on a second hard drive where the data is stored. Don't mind people stealing my holiday snaps but commercials from clients is another issue.

This is what I use for location: LoJack for Laptops

Edit: That link talks about Macs, I have a HP so not exactly the same but it is the Lo-Jack stuff provided by HP in the motherboard.
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 17 August 2011, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I know I should, but to be honest insurance and Dropbox are what I use.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Not that I can tell but I use it on a second hard drive where the data is stored. Don't mind people stealing my holiday snaps but commercials from clients is another issue.

Edit: That link talks about Macs, I have a HP so not exactly the same but it is the Lo-Jack stuff provided by HP in the motherboard.

cool will look into this as will soon have to start using my own laptop for work which I really cant afford to lose...
        sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
        X