• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits - Petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, something went wrong.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      That may have been a joke (what isn't on here ), but something like that would need to be in place.

Saw Clegg spouting off on the morning news about removing crims from the council housing.

So in a society where they are trying to eradicate poverty and homelessness, where are these people going to go if they kick them out of their subsidised homes and stop their benefits?

My idea of a boot-camp, where the soon to be redundant army drill instructors knock some sense into the scrotes is the only sensible workable solution. They still have a roof over their heads but are kept out of society until they conform to the rules we all have to suffer under.

I'm not saying this is a means of getting them drafted into the armed forces, before all you yompers start complaining that you don't want them.

Just a way of getting them off the streets and into a programme of reform that ought to work better than the current prison system. Or letting them off with a slapped wrist, as we've seen from those sentenced or bailed so far. Yep, they've really learned their lesson.
      Yep, let's turned groups of disaffected no-hopers into a motivated, well disciplined, fitter and better co-ordinated group of no-hopers.

Fly them out to the middle of the atlantic on a hercules and drop them out of the back at 14000 feet. Any that can swim ashore can have a council house and a place on the Olympic Swimming team.
      Last edited by Churchill; 11 August 2011, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Yep, let's turned groups disaffected no-hopers into a motivated, well disciplined, fitter and better co-ordinated group of no-hopers.

Fly them out to the middle of the atlantic on a hercules and drop them out of the back at 14000 feet. Any that can swim ashore can have a council house and a place on the Olympic Swimming team.
        Is there a 2000 mile swimming event at the next Olympics?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Is there a 2000 mile swimming event at the next Olympics?
          Not unless we get enough competitors through training.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Not unless we get enough competitors through training.
            Well I think that is a chance we must take.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If we're onto new sport solutions, I've always liked this idea, one of my favourite Stephen King stories:

The Long Walk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One hundred teenage boys participate in an annual walking contest called "The Long Walk," which is the "national sport". Each Walker must maintain a speed of at least four miles per hour; if he drops below that speed for 30 seconds, he receives a verbal warning (which can be erased by walking for one hour without being warned). If a Walker with three warnings slows down again, he is "ticketed." The meaning of this term is intentionally kept vague at first, but it soon becomes clear that "buying a ticket" means to be shot dead by soldiers riding in half-tracks along the roadside. Walkers may be shot immediately for certain serious violations, such as trying to leave the road or attacking the half-track. The soldiers use electronic equipment to precisely determine a Walker's speed.

My teachers weren't so happy when I chose The Bachman Books for an achievement award at school. I think they were expecting me to go for boring text books like the rest of the swots. Fook em, they can take a walk.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                If we're onto new sport solutions, I've always liked this idea, one of my favourite Stephen King stories:

The Long Walk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                Yeah, how about reinstating the workhouses and the poor laws? Why not go the whole hog and employ newly redundant Iraq veterans to patrol the estates wearing black shirts and tan trousers with authority to shoot anyone they think is a potential troublemaker? How about starting up a colony in some unwanted piece of desert and sending the drunks, the junkies and the feckless to rot?

Oh no, we can't do that, because it has a knack of coming back to haunt people for the next couple of hundred years.

Bloody hell, grow up and think of some constructive solutions. That doesn't mean being soft on criminals and certainly doesn't involve condoning looting, but it does require a modicum of thought and understanding.

Comment

Yeah, how about reinstating the workhouses and the poor laws? Why not go the whole hog and employ newly redundant Iraq veterans to patrol the estates wearing black shirts and tan trousers with authority to shoot anyone they think is a potential troublemaker? How about starting up a colony in some unwanted piece of desert and sending the drunks, the junkies and the feckless to rot?

Oh no, we can't do that, because it has a knack of coming back to haunt people for the next couple of hundred years.

Bloody hell, grow up and think of some constructive solutions. That doesn't mean being soft on criminals and certainly doesn't involve condoning looting, but it does require a modicum of thought and understanding.
                  I would start with the little things. Like its ok to smack your own kids. Give teachers the authorty they had 30 -40 years ago.

cost free, but all about building respect (out of fear - yes)
                  let them know there are consequences. at an early age

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I would start with the little things. Like its ok to smack your own kids. Give teachers the authorty they had 30 -40 years ago.

cost free, but all about building respect (out of fear - yes)
                    let them know there are consequences. at an early age

Wow, common sense on CUK!

Comment

Should there also be retrospective legislation to take away Fred Goodwin's pension?
                      That's a bit harsh. Take away 90% of it and leave him with just the remaining £20m to live on I say.

Comment

Working...
                      X