• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grim news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Inflation will peak at 5pc in the next few months before falling back at the end of the year and dropping below the 2pc target in 2013 if rates rise in line with market forecasts, the Bank’s Inflation Report showed.
    If you believe the tulipe spouted by the BofE you are a class one cretin!

Have a look at this graph for their recent predictions on inflation. See a theme?

Bank has ‘failed’ over inflation | TAWNET
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      In AtW's case, that is a "check!".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        What do you care? You don't believe in borrowing money so why should you benefit from those who do?
        I care because I get fook all interest on my savings account and inflation is rampart, whilst at the same time people who got in debt that they could not manage enjoy lowest payments they could never wished for. How is that fair?

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          These were not my words (they are from the article), and I never said I believe them.

Comment

I care because I get fook all interest on my savings account and inflation is rampart, whilst at the same time people who got in debt that they could not manage enjoy lowest payments they could never wished for. How is that fair?
            Which idiot ever proclaimed that it was meant to be "fair"?

Oh that's right................Gordon Brown.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Grim outlook from Bank of England: rates static till 2013
              This is excellent news.

My BTL @ 0.49% + base allows me to borrow money at a cheaper rate than the bank's inter lending rate.

Do to them as they'd do to you. Bend over chaps and take one for the team
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                This is excellent news.

My BTL @ 0.49% + base allows me to borrow money at a cheaper rate than the bank's inter lending rate.

Do to them as they'd do to you. Bend over chaps and take one for the team
                And if you are ever feeling the pinch simply put up the rent. Simples!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  And if you are ever feeling the pinch simply put up the rent. Simples!!

Did this last week.

Old tenant moving out. So I put the rent up another £50, gone within a week. £650 PCM for a 1 bed in Glasgae, who'd have thought. When I was a lad that would been a whole house and more.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Which idiot ever proclaimed that it was meant to be "fair"?
                    I rarely use word "fair", in this context a better word would have been "smart" - current policy isn't smart, very cynical and ultimately will cost more than quick crash of real estate market that should have happened in 2009, we'd be in proper recovery by now.

Comment

in this context a better word would have been "smart" - current policy isn't smart
                      So a "smart" policy would be one that sees a huge chunk of the working population have their homes and possessions repossessed in order that cash-hoarding immigrant chancers like you can get on the property ladder without any real sacrifice?

Comment

Working...
                      X