• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is sasguru?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, there would not be riots in the first place because the first ones who smash shops would get shot by shop owners (and staff) or police who would not be standing aside waiting for looting to finish.

I very much doubt any of those looters would pass firearms check as they would never qualify (too young, no jobs, no property etc)

Of course you might be the kind of guy like shown on the picture above who'd prefer to drop his trousers instead of owning legal firearm and fight back when required to defend your life and property
    Can you imagine what would have happened if we had gun shops on our streets last night? It doesn't matter that the looters can't pass a firearms check if they can take them off the people who own them legally, and that would happen because plenty of normal people either wouldn't be able to shoot someone, or would hesitate long enough for the gun to be taken from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Can you imagine what would have happened if we had gun shops on our streets last night? It doesn't matter that the looters can't pass a firearms check if they can take them off the people who own them legally, and that would happen because plenty of normal people either wouldn't be able to shoot someone, or would hesitate long enough for the gun to be taken from them.
      Stop being so bloody sensible!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Stop being so bloody sensible!
        I know, being drawn into an argument with AtW, I must be losing the plot.

But he really is so clueless it's scary.

Comment

Can you imagine what would have happened if we had gun shops on our streets last night?
          The first looters would get shot, probably bleed to death on the street since it would be unreasonable to expect defending shop owner to go out and do first aid. Police should have arrived quickly and dealt with attackers using lethal force if necessary.

Result - no riots, millions of £££ property saved, proof that legal firearms work and a few scumbags off the street: they are stealing trainers now but be sure they'll "graduate" later into something more serious, and oh - they won't give a tulip about illegal gun ownership.

Right now UK is laughing stock because police stays put when scumbags openly loot stores and take stuff with them.

Comment

I know, being drawn into an argument with AtW, I must be losing the plot.
            But he really is so clueless it's scary.
            There is gun ownership in France. And Germany. And Finland. And Switzerland. And Norway, fooking CS gas was more or less legal even in Soviet Union, yet in this country it is deemed "firearm", what kind of cretin wrote such laws?

Comment

The first looters would get shot, probably bleed to death on the street since it would be unreasonable to expect defending shop owner to go out and do first aid. Police should have arrived quickly and dealt with attackers using lethal force if necessary.

Result - no riots, millions of £££ property saved, proof that legal firearms work and a few scumbags off the street: they are stealing trainers now but be sure they'll "graduate" later into something more serious, and oh - they won't give a tulip about illegal gun ownership.

Right now UK is laughing stock because police stays put when scumbags openly loot stores and take stuff with them.
              Yes but arming citizens isn't the answer.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Let's see, would anyone here sign AtW's gun licence application as a reference of good and sound character? Seeing he lives alone and spends a lot of time dreaming of military weapons.....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Yes but arming citizens isn't the answer.
                  It's not a complete answer, I agree but at least some of citizens might keep their pants up rather than down. Though I suspect Bunk likes being mugged like this

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Let's see, would anyone here sign AtW's gun licence application as a reference of good and sound character? Seeing he lives alone and spends a lot of time dreaming of military weapons.....
                    Sadly I had to accept that proper firearms ownership in this country won't happen in the next 100 years.

That does not mean I won't whine about it for the next 100 years!

I'll have to make up for it by buying a few tanks though

Try getting mugged in one of these!

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-monster.html

Comment

The UK has been a laughing stock many times before and it can take it.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X