• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Riot in Hackney!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police not doing much, guys burning cars and houses, get the army in!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      He's going to tell them off. Good on him. Boris Johnson killed by brick.
      He'll shake his fist at them and call them oiks. That'll learn 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Idiot - in Libya they'd be shot dead already by the army, probably bombed too just to be sure riots are stopped.

That's the difference between UK and Libya, something your one cell brain probably won't understand.

HTH
        Lets just see how quickly this turns nasty - the way things are going - rioters are going to get shot - London is going to burn .

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Exactly. What's the point of law and order when you can get a bunch of ill-educated squaddies blowing up houses and shooting civilians.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Nah, it's not quite time for martial law yet, give it a couple of days and if the riots move over to Westminster, then you might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Lets just see how quickly this turns nasty - London is going to burn.
              I say we send some police and fire engines down to Pudding Lane just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Send in the Droogs I say!

Comment

Embedding disabled on request...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Lets just see how quickly this turns nasty - the way things are going - rioters are going to get shot - London is going to burn .
                    I heard someone on the radio say that during the 1985 riots armed police were given orders from the top to shoot any rioter who had a petrol bomb. The orders were withheld by officers lower down the ranks. I doubt that same order would be given at all today, it would be a PR disaster. I'm not sure why though, what else are they supposed to do?

Comment

BBC reporting Birmingham kicking off now as well.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X