• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Riot in Tottenham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    "Police station: on fire/ Bank: on fire/Florists: on fire/ Chicken Cottage: Safe" - @hannahhabibi
    Yes Nick, the sad truth.

This is my locality and its very disappointing that what was a peaceful protest was hijacked by a load of criminal oiks looking for trouble.

Be interesting to see what the situation is in the morning. I hear there is looting at the Tottenham Hale Retail Park.

I sure hope there are some arrests after this, although I can't see there being many.

Such a shame. Really sad day.

Sky News : "A Carpetright store burns on Tottenham High Road after being set on fire by youths protesting against the killing of a man by armed police in an attempted arrest, August 6, 2011 in London, England."
    How can they say this, how does burning down a Carpet Right store have anything to do with the protest or investigation of the Thursday shooting.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 7 August 2011, 04:24.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Bit rich to have a protest over someone getting shot by the police after he shot and hit a policeman.

Oh to be a shutter salesman tomorrow in London.

Comment

A bit like when Raoul Moat when on the rampage - the amount of "support" for this chap was disgraceful. Listen to this chav that started the facebook page "Raoul Moat - you legend".

Siobhan O'Dowd defends ‘Raoul Moat You Legend’ Facebook tribute page | Metro.co.uk

Despite her feelings for the police, Raoul killed a completely innocent man (even by own his own twisted sense). Presumably this silly bint has someone for whom she cares about (father/brother/son/boyfriend/husband). If Raoul has forced that person onto his knees - and then blew his brains out at short range - I don't think she'd be describing him as a legend then...

Check out the photo of her at 1min 10sec

Comment

I just wonder if BBC Sport - Joe Jordan happy to draw Hearts in Europa League has anything to do with last nights violence? A delayed reaction to the draw result?
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Bit rich to have a protest over someone getting shot by the police after he shot and hit a policeman.

Oh to be a shutter salesman tomorrow in London.
            Exactly, fecking idiots.

Of course Mark Duggan was such a sweet boy, never hurt a fly etc etc...

This is the sort of thing we should be protesting about.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Now that's a proper old-skool riot. Not like those namby-pamby Greeks and Spanish.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Now that's a proper old-skool riot. Not like those namby-pamby Greeks and Spanish.
                Yet the Greeks and Spanish had a much better reason, the world is strange place.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Yet the Greeks and Spanish had a much better reason, the world is strange place.
                  DId they? Is being forced to live within your means grounds for a riot?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Nah the Greeks and the Spanish know their police are corrupt and unfair so don't need to riot about it.

The Met police isn't suppose to be but are from the highest level.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The police should stop pissing about and get water cannons in, if they had them last night I might have switched over from the Watchmen.

And one thing I noticed when watching the student riots was how crap the police are at using the truncheon these days, an hour or two of lessons by a drummer could get their stick velocity up about 2 or 3 times. Proper wrist breaking speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X