• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - with caveats =:-o

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maaan, you guys are easy to wind up.

By the way I think IR35 means jack "£$%£^ in Germany.

I'm sure it will all be fine in the end.

Oh, and the secretary opened up my access card. I take that as a good sign.
    Last edited by ThomasSoerensen; 4 August 2011, 14:27.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      maaan, you guys are easy to wind up.

By the way I think IR35 means jack "£$%£^ in Germany.

I'm sure it will all be fine in the end.
      so im confused you weren't boomed? or you didn't go back to work on a contract no longer paying you?
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
        so im confused you weren't boomed? or you didn't go back to work on a contract no longer paying you?
        I'm here a client co office working away.

It's just paper work. I hope.

Comment

I'm here a client co office working away.

It's just paper work. I hope.
          yeah me too mate otherwise you may be working for free!
          sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

Comment

Current contract expired at end of July
            Agent says he cannot get hold of client co contact.
            Client co contact is on holiday.
            So much for the famed German effiecency

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
              So much for the famed German effiecency

That's because it's a myth.

Comment

Latest update.

"Line manager" client co contact called me today for discussing work tasks etc. as he does when he is on vacation - in this call I asked about the contract and he confirmed that he had initiated the paperwork for an extension untill the end of the month.
                After that he told me I would be moved to a contract in HQ where he sits.

BOOMED after all.

Just need to get the paperwork processed.

Comment

Latest update.

"Line manager" client co contact called me today for discussing work tasks etc. as he does when he is on vacation - in this call I asked about the contract and he confirmed that he had initiated the paperwork for an extension untill the end of the month.
                  After that he told me I would be moved to a contract in HQ where he sits.

BOOMED after all.

Just need to get the paperwork processed.
                  dodged a bullet there, nice one...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Reworded that for you to reflect your situation

You should be worried. You are currently not authorised to do anything you have mentioned so are technically breaking the law.

You have no contract to work therefore you should not be working or accessing the client systems. Ignorance and stupidity is not a legal defense.

You are acting like a permie not a contractor. I suggest you review your working methods or start declaring yourself inside IR35.

They may be talking about an extension and fully intend to do so but unless it is in writing you have nothing. I wouldn't even take is an implied contract as you have no authorisation to continue.
                    So do you stick strictly to the no contract no work rule? I.e. if theres a delay in paperwork and it aint come through be last day of contract you dont turn up on client site till it does?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      So do you stick strictly to the no contract no work rule? I.e. if theres a delay in paperwork and it aint come through be last day of contract you dont turn up on client site till it does?
                      In the UK it's best to.

Any business that wants your services should have sorted it out before the last week.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X