• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 on Sky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still free to air in the fatherland
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I don't mind paying the BBC, good service IMO.
      WGJS

Good value imo, long live aunty

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I don't mind paying the BBC, good service IMO.
        It annoys me when people state "free to air" when it clearly is not, AND you are essentially forced to pay for it.

I do agree the services are good however.

Comment

Shame about the F1 though. Best thing on the Beeb IMO

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            It might be worth pointing UK satellite dishes at a German satellite anyway. My mother already does this, and there does seem to be a lot of content on the free channels, even if a lot of it appears to be smut. Do you know if F1 racing is on there?

Comment

What would be funny is if the BBC were to show just the first 30 or 40 laps of each race. The ultimate piss take.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                What would be funny is if the BBC were to show just the first 30 or 40 laps of each race. The ultimate piss take.
                I remember that happening in the late 80's maybe early 90's? Due to an argument over rights sometimes it was shown on BBC2 and sometimes it would get pulled last minute.

My parents had just got one of the newfangled satellite receivers so one weekend when it was pulled from the beeb I found German coverage on RTL, half way through a race they dropped the F1 and replaced it with tennis.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Yep, like the EPL, you can watch our live sport for free on foreign satellite stations, yet us UK based mugs have to pay for it.

Is a motorised dish required or is it all on 'hidden' Astra channels so just needs tuning in?
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I posted first
                    Yeah, ok Han, we believe you.

Yours sincerely G. Lucas.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                      Yep, like the EPL, you can watch our live sport for free on foreign satellite stations, yet us UK based mugs have to pay for it.

Is a motorised dish required or is it all on 'hidden' Astra channels so just needs tuning in?
                      To be fair it's all about demand, I can find all sorts on some of the more obscure channels.

Sgorio on S4C used to show German, Spanish and Italian football, I don't know about Germany but Italy and Spain certainly don't get their top flight on TV for free.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X