• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England versus Bob - cricket thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the requirements will be finalised pretty shortly

Comment

An ambitious target for delivery has been set by the product owners. And having lost an available resource early on, their burn down chart is looking ominous.

EDIT : Come to think of it, the Duckworth-Lewis system used in cricket is effectively a non-linear burndown chart - used to calculate the state of play part way through an innings.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

EDIT : Come to think of it, the Duckworth-Lewis system used in cricket is effectively a non-linear burndown chart - used to calculate the state of play part way through an innings.
        Aye, and that is the problem with it. The burndown chart will generally spike upwards shortly into the sprint.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Looks like the delivery of this project is going to go right down to the last day. Hopefully deployment tomorrow and full user acceptance.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ooo, I can feel a day off coming on...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Plenty runs, much cheapness

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                That's only used to wrap up small projects. In these big test projects, as long as you work all the contracted hours you don't have to deliver a tangible result.

Comment

Looks like they are doing the needful
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Looks like they are doing the needful
                    Much wickets and met all targets by leaps and bounds. Next project please.

Comment

Looks like Bob has failed to deliver and the in-house team had to pick it up and put it to bed.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X