• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why, why, why would you tick the publicity box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to be their postman next week. I think they can quite literally expect sackfuls of begging letters.

Something I noticed is that this is the first time a rollover lottery jackpot as gone down from the previous draw. If they had won it last Friday, they would have won £3m more.

This is because the jackpot was capped at E185m. The jackpot fund is in Euro's but it is translated to £ at the time of the draw, so because the Euro weakened between Friday and Tuesday, they 'lost' 3m - all due to the concerns over Greece/Euro etc.

I suppose this happens all the time - the rollover prize fund fluctuates but because it increases with each draw, we don't notice it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
      Monaco has to be high on the list
      I would be prepared to bet that last week they would have said that tax exiles were the scum of the Earth and that the rich should be squeezed until the pips squeak.

I wonder how quickly they'll change their tune...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
        Hate to be their postman next week. I think they can quite literally expect sackfuls of begging letters.
        The letters have started arriving

Comment

Begging letters have already started pouring through the letterbox of their modest £180,000 three-bedroom home in Largs, Ayrshire.
          It could only be the Daily Mail...

Mind you further down in the article

They suggested they will keep their £200,000 ‘nice wee house’ with three bedrooms
          Now that's what you call house price inflation...

Comment

The area has gone upmarket since they won the money.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Mind you further down in the article

:

Largs is a nice place to be honest, most of my friends are from there, their parents own massive floating gin palaces at the marina. You could not get radio down there because of the Haylie Brae so Duran Duran are still a big sellers in the local LP shops.

Comment

This is quite a tame thread, you want to go and have a visit to ARRSE...

fat ****ers win lottery

NSFW

Comment

Working...
                X