• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't expecting my pension to be worth jack by the time I'm old enough to be able to cash it in anyway. I expect the minimum retirement age will be 100+ by then.

So why don't all the countries in the west default (USA and Eurozone and UK) then stick two chopsticks up at china and anyone else holding lots of western currency or IOUs?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      All tanglible physical things as opposed to paper being printed in it's trillion. Have a read of this Hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then decide whether you would rather own some gold, some property and some shares in a business or a billion paper marks.

That's a logarithmic scale too boot, else it would stretch to Mars.

Comment

Working...
      X