• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the south of France any good for holidaying if you have young kids?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Suity in the South of France? Fine wines and fine dining, elegant and tasteful accomodation, well spoken and educated people.

Benidorm mate. 2* all inclusive, you and the family will feel right at home.

HTH
    Just be careful you don't get the room next to DimPrawn and avoid him at the bar. He's the chavvy looking bloke who keeps banging on about his big house, loads of money, clever investments and his gold purchases(which can be seen around his neck and fingers), but is still at the same hotel as you because he got a deal off Teletext.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
      Not at all chump .... Try reading before making a fool of yourself ....

I know the french better than you ever will. If you have ever met a nice french person, it's only because they are vying for your money or because you are just as bad as they are so you fit right in ...
      You clearly haven't met the entire population of France. That would be impossible. So I'm left to conclude that you are talking tulipe.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        You clearly haven't met the entire population of France. That would be impossible. So I'm left to conclude that you are talking tulipe.
        I never said that. So stop being such an ass and read my previous post to see what I did write ....

Comment

I never said that. So stop being such an ass and read my previous post to see what I did write ....
          you wrote

If you have ever met a nice french person, it's only because they are vying for your money or because you are just as bad as they are so you fit right in ...
          Which is clearly speaking about all french people, isn't it. I have met quite a few of them, having lived there for a bit, and I would say it's like anywhere else, there are good people and bad people. Your sweeping generalisation is, in my opinion, utter bollocks.

As an aside, are there any people you do like?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            you wrote

Which is clearly speaking about all french people, isn't it. I have met quite a few of them, having lived there for a bit, and I would say it's like anywhere else, there are good people and bad people. Your sweeping generalisation is, in my opinion, utter bollocks.

As an aside, are there any people you do like?
            Ive met enough of them, thousands in fact and have family which are french, so I know more abult their culture and attitudes than most ......

Comment

Ive met enough of them, thousands in fact and have family which are french, so I know more abult their culture and attitudes than most ......
              So basically your opinion is based on having worked a low paid tourist industry job and had a few of them get stroppy with you cos you weren't very good at it.

Has it perhaps occurred to you that your general attitude and approach to other people predisposes them to dislike you?

Comment

To the OP: might be stating the obvious but the south of france is a long way away if you're planning to drive with the kids. Make sure to stop off for the night on the journeys otherwise your family and your car will drive you clinically mental.
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  To the OP: might be stating the obvious but the south of france is a long way away if you're planning to drive with the kids. Make sure to stop off for the night on the journeys otherwise your family and your car will drive you clinically mental.
                  Disagree slightly - the best time to travel is through the night let the kids (& the misses) snooze off then you can plough on without food/pee breaks and get some serious miles in
                  I used to do Calais -Bordeaux in the evening/ early morning and crash in a aire close to my destination and wake for breakfast @07:00

you're fooked for a day but worth it
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Disagree slightly - the best time to travel is through the night let the kids (& the misses) snooze off then you can plough on without food/pee breaks and get some serious miles in
                    I used to do Calais -Bordeaux in the evening/ early morning and crash close to my destination @07:00

you're fooked for a day but worth it
                    FTFY

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

To the OP.

Our modus operandi now, and for the next few years, is to hire a gite in Burgundy area with private pool for 3 weeks each summer.

Why Burgundy? Easy to drive to from Moorfield Towers in a car with 3 young kids in <1 day. M11, M25, M20, Tunnel, Autoroute des Anglais, A8 - done. No dicking around on EasyChav planes. And quite frankly the kids don't care where they are as long as they get their own pool.

Have a great holiday. I will be enjoying horse steak & cheese in 2 weeks time. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X