• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greek debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    If 3 go down, wouldn't that bring the others tumbling after? The premise being that richer economies borrow money at say 3% and lend to poorer ones at say 8% or so and rising, which is a neat trick if you can get away with it, and in the case of defaults, not only don't the richer economies get their loovely interest payments, but their original money is gone and they still have to pay back their own debt, perhaps with increased interest rates too.
    Makes sense. perhaps the EURO will fall apart as well - we'll have to wait and see.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

One thing is for certain, there's someone out there make f*qloads of money on this. I don't mean DimPrawn either, think DimPrawn * DimPrawn * DimPrawn * DimPrawn.

They're ******* about with countries and it will end in tears.

Comment

"As I understand it, this is the situation we are in:

The next 20 years will be nothing like the last 50, which have seen an ever-increasing level of wealth and prosperity in the capitalist West.
        "

At least HMG have kicked off those 20 years in the UK by starting to do something about it.

Which I'd have thought is better than putting it off and making it worse.

It's a pity that the EU doesn't give the same lead, instead of trying to up their (unauditable) budget by 9% next year.

Comment

Working...
        X