• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Samsung Galaxy S

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Not always my three contract is £5 a month. (300 minutes / 5000 on network minutes and 2gb internet). Its perfect for me as I only use it to call the wife and surf the web.

Unless you use a lot of minutes you can get a decent sim only contract for a tenner or so a month without trying too hard.

As for the phone itself I picked up a virtually unused Galaxy S for £230 in december and will flog it for £100 or so this december and buy whatever replacement I can get for £250 or so (probably the galaxy S II).
    So now that she's call barred you, what do you do with the 300 minutes / month?

Comment

Timberland,

I've already got a phone on a contract at £25 a month and can change phone every two years and currently have the Nokia E5

and I'm really using the mobile internet and wifi on the Nokia more than I ever thought I would

and have just discovered skype for the e5

but, skype is having problems and the phone is crashing

for internet the screen is small

when I selected the e5 with the help of my friends here I didn't think i'd use the internet or wifi or the
      shall we say 'smart phone apps' as often as I do these days

and now I can admit life would be more fun with a bigger screen and a more capable mobile computer which is what these iphones and galaxies are

and the other day I was on the redeem your airmiles website from the airline and for 2/3 of my current miles I can get an unlocked galaxy s

and for the reasons above am tempted

eek,

thanks for the feedback about the device

the same miles will get me four european return flights with the same airline

which thinking out loud makes the proposal uneconomic and I'd be better burning some
      of the airmiles against flight purchases and paying with the respective cash that the flights
      would have cost for a new iphone or galaxy II

voila eureka !

thanks

Milan.

Comment

Milan,

Get the phone, play with it. If you like it then fine. If you don't then flog the f*cker on EBay.

Simples.

Comment

having slept on it...

I'd rather keep the miles for flights for the the Mrs and wee bairns

and the E5 is not so bad

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            having slept on it...
            Is there an app for that?

Comment

Working...