• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC to search internet for tax evaders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    They like to do both. Lots of little taxes instead of one big tax. Makes people think they're getting taxed less when they forget to factor in income tax, VAT (and VAT on fuel duty for petrol/diesel), savings interest tax, etc, on each pound they earn and either spend or save.
    Now my advice for those who die - delcare the pennys on your eye
    Cos Im the Taxman
    And youre working
    for no-one
    but
    me

Taxman - Mr Brown
    Taxman - Mr Cameron

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      A lot of people doing tutoring etc will use still local small ads and postcards rather than the net. Watch out for suspicious looking people taking notes while looking at shop noticeboards.

PS Has anyone spotted the CCTVs they're hiding in toasters yet?

It probably will, although just publicising these things must bring in some tax.
      A lot of local paper small ads are online as well as in print and I suspect, this is who they are trying to target with this software.

I guess the trick would be to use a disposable mobile number and email address.

TBH, its all 'low hanging fruit' they are after whereas they really need to target the large scale tax avoidance schemes ala Vodafone or the Philip Greens of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        A lot of local paper small ads are online as well as in print and I suspect, this is who they are trying to target with this software.

I guess the trick would be to use a disposable mobile number and email address.

TBH, its all 'low hanging fruit' they are after whereas they really need to target the large scale tax avoidance schemes ala Vodafone or the Philip Greens of this world.
        The "little people" can't afford armies of lawyers and get stressed by the threatening stance of Hector's minions.

So the "little people" will pay up with less cost to Hector.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X