• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Box Office - David Haye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all sounds most bizarre. Was that really the British National Anthem? And why was the next song the theme tune to Lexx?

Comment

Bit too big.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Bit too big.
        Long, rangy, strong(quiet athletic for his size), mechanical, difficult to beat.

Good fight. Haye went down far too many times (reminded me of Herbie Hide vs Riddick Bowe) blown up Cruiser weight versus real heavyweight.

Haye didn't disgrace himself like Hide did though.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Except by his ridiculous language before the fight...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Long, rangy, strong(quiet athletic for his size), mechanical, difficult to beat.

Good fight. Haye went down far too many times (reminded me of Herbie Hide vs Riddick Bowe) blown up Cruiser weight versus real heavyweight.

Yeah, it sounds as if Haye fought well for his size. Interestingly Haye says he was fighting with a broken big toe too!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              That's all a bit of trash talk. He didn't mean it. Just as I don't think the Test Manglers old mum gives blow jobs to the Isle of Bute's local fisherman in exchange for cod so TM can supply his chippy(it's haddock).

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Yeah, it sounds as if Haye fought well for his size. Interestingly Haye says he was fighting with a broken big toe too!
              He fought with a 'broken hand' against Valuev. For me, he complained far too many times, and towards the end of the fight and a few pints I was screaming at the big screen in the pub 'Fookin stand up' which the bar staff did ask me not to shout.

Comment

He fought with a 'broken hand' against Valuev. For me, he complained far too many times, and towards the end of the fight and a few pints I was screaming at the big screen in the pub 'Fookin stand up' which the bar staff did ask me not to shout.
                I'd like to see (or hear) Haye fight the other Klitschko now.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  On free to air in Germany...suckers Will first fill myself up in a beer tent listening to funky German music and then to the pub to watch it
                  That's because they refuse to cough up the cash, so promoters take what they can get (TV advertising cash). I remember about 10-15 years ago when Don King / Sky teamed up for the first PPV.

The arguments were that it was a "one-off" and that Don King wouldn't allow the fight to be screened at all in the UK if it wasn't under PPV.

Load of tulip. If the public had rebelled and refused to cough-up, Don King would have changed his tune pretty quick. In the end, promoters want to extract the maximum amount of cash they can in any given marketplace. And if PPV gets in less money than TV advertisment on free-to-air, it'll go to free-to-air.

Unfortunately, people flocked to PPV on that first fight - and that's how it been ever since.

Comment

All PR froth to increase the hype. The two teams probably script it out beforehand - along with scuffles at the weigh-in, walks to the ring etc.

Comment

Nah. It's all about hype.

Comment

Working...
                      X