• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I forgot how dull being benched was

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You do service delivery don't you?
    Why, have you got a job going?

I've worked on ITSM systems, but TBH I've always tended towards more technical work than the installation / configuration / customization of standard packages, i.e. integration and B2B stuff with outsourcing partners, troubleshooting platform issues, performance tuning etc. Which is, in retrospect, a mistake as there seems to be a lot of install & configure work about at the moment and I'm a bit lacking in experience of that side of it.

I was thinking of doing an ITIL foundation badge on the off chance it would help me pick up some work. Not sure if my "IT service management version 2.1b" covers everything I'd need to know though. Anyone know how much the exam costs?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Where is your "To do" list, I usually spent my last few week of my contract writing mine.

I find that my 'to do' list is quickly negated with my 'can't be arsed' list. "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?" springs to mind.

I can see now why some hate the idea of retirement. Maybe I need more hobbies.

To keep busy doing nothing of importance is to stop your mind thinking itself into depression when faced with the reality of life. Hence why most people go to work each day doing a job they don't particularly like. That's wasting a third of their life, with another third wasted on sleeping.

What are we without jobs? It's the first thing most people ask when you meet them for the first time. I feel lost without one.

So yes, the bench is hell.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        I find that my 'to do' list is quickly negated with my 'can't be arsed' list. "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?" springs to mind.

I can see now why some hate the idea of retirement. Maybe I need more hobbies.

To keep busy doing nothing of importance is to stop your mind thinking itself into depression when faced with the reality of life. Hence why most people go to work each day doing a job they don't particularly like. That's wasting a third of their life, with another third wasted on sleeping.

What are we without jobs? It's the first thing most people ask when you meet them for the first time. I feel lost without one.

So yes, the bench is hell.

I just snorted with laughter
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I just snorted with laughter
          I hope you cleaned your monitor!

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Not necessarily. It's a very English British custom in my experience. Class system, pigeonholing and all that.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X