• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Bono should be saying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Bono.. I loathe him probably more than anyone else (yes agents view more than you )

if on the other hand Bono decides to spend his money on tax where will it go?

1 Paying perfectly healthy and able people not to work
    2. paying public sector workers to not deliver services and to spend most of their supposed working lives taking time off
    3. ripping the heart out of individualism and enterprise and forcing more and more people to depend upon the evil self serving agencies of the state.
    And all agents are lying parasites.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      And all agents are lying parasites.
      tI heard you were a good bloke
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

First an admission - watched Piers interviewing Elton. Second, interesting comment from Elton, 'yes I love spending money, I live in England, pay my taxes, work hard and when I spend it goes back into the economy' - Well said that man !!
        Clearly pouring the money into a black hole called the government is the least efficient way to use it for individuals, spend it or give it away if you have too much !!!

Comment

Elton was a muscial god until he got totally wired on coke.

Bono is a front man for a new wave/punk/soft rock/pop multiple crossover band who have a big budget for touring and a hankering for the sentimental songs you hate. Perfect way of making money in the 80s, somewhere in between the clash and bananarama with songs about American politics.

Kerching!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Elton was a muscial god until he got totally wired on coke.

Bono is a front man for a new wave/punk/soft rock/pop multiple crossover band who have a big budget for touring and a hankering for the sentimental songs you hate. Perfect way of making money in the 80s, somewhere in between the clash and bananarama with songs about American politics.

Kerching!!

Please, please refrain from mentioning in the same thread as the Clash.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              Please, please refrain from mentioning in the same thread as the Clash.
              The Clash were pish as well, Stummer dropped his faux politics when bragging about his new record deal and how it was going to make him richer than Johnny Rotten.

The clash were just the last generation's U2, politics, attitude and too much leather.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                The Clash were pish as well, Stummer dropped his faux politics when bragging about his new record deal and how it was going to make him richer than Johnny Rotten.

The clash were just the last generation's U2, politics, attitude and too much leather.
                Well I have have nothing but fond memories of Joe; he ****ed the touts off at Manchester Apollo by letting all of us without tickets in for free. Stayed around after the concert chatting to me and my mates and then inviting us out on the town.

Comment

I hate Elton John - my musical taste stylometer is locked in 1959. However that apart, I did see him at The Rosebowl a few years ago and give the guy his due, he plays a mean 88 - I was really surprised, I thought he'd be like Bobby Crush but he can seriously play that piano.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I love Elton's early stuff and his latest stuff...all his coke influenced work is pure rubbish. And I'm sure he'll admit it himself. I seem to recall Elton saying that he learned piano at the age of 3, and he was quite good even then!

U2's Music is pretty good, guitar work can at times be brilliant. But it just isn't to my liking.

I totally agree however that paying taxes means putting into a plumbing system where £1 goes in and about £0.02 comes out in some useful way. And frankly, a lot of tax money was simply being given to charities that wasted it thinking they were on a never ending gravy train. I can't figure out why Bono would go around telling everyone else to pay taxes knowing all that.

Good on U2 for avoiding wasting their money. And good on the govt. for ending that gravy train.
                    Last edited by lilelvis2000; 1 July 2011, 11:28.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Re the subject title of What Bono should be saying

"I am retiring from public life. Effective immediately."
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X