• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst flight ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Garuda. Worst plane I have been on, electrics were flashing off and on as the plane was taking off. Now banned from flying in the EU.

Flyglobespan, flight to Rome was stinking of crap as the engines were turned on, someone must have got the air ducts from the toilets routed into the passenger section. The next week I flew back and the same thing happened, must have been the same plane and they got banned from flying over the Atlantic shortly after.

Air France, plane dropped for probably only 2 seconds but it felt like a month, women were screaming, landed and 2 chaps started going with the punches, 10 coppers ran in as we were getting off.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

and 2 chaps started going with the punches, 10 coppers ran in as we were getting off.
      Had that before coming back from Russia. The two chaps were quite upset at being arrested as they thought they had sorted it out.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Flew back from Denpasar last year on a 380 with Air Singapore the day after Qantas grounded the planes when they knew fine well the engines were not safe.

Comment

My Uncle was a Glasgow copper who got sent down to Lockerbie to deal with the search. Hundreds of them walking through fields and forrests for days on end bagging anything they found.

Comment

Hundreds of them walking through fields and forrests for days on end bagging anything they found.
            Weren't they supposed to pass all that stuff to the investigators?!

Fine state of affairs when even the coppers are thieving gits!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My Uncle was a Glasgow copper who got sent down to Lockerbie to deal with the search. Hundreds of them walking through fields and forrests for days on end bagging anything they found.

I watched the recreation on Emmerdale. Terrible for all concerned.

It must take a certain resilience to be able to do that sort of job. Same for paramedics and firepeople who attend car crashes. I couldn't do it.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
              X