• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco's Bank crashes and burns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    PS Why so amused Kojak, do you do IT for Sainsburies?
    I went down to Sainsbury's to buy a punnet of Sainsburies but they never had any.

Comment

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Every little is not helpings.

Comment

I used to work for a financial who thought they were very clever who managed to out the servers for 3 days over an upgrade, the online model of internet banking was buggered after that for them as everyone just phoned up, nobody trusted the site and quite frankly I could not blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Blaming Internet Explorer 9 I see. I have noticed a few oddities in appearance on websites, boxes appearing around elements.

Which reminds me, I must check all our progs still work, when they did 8 I found all the pop up help boxes did not work properly.
            It looks like there's more fun to come from Mozilla.

Mozilla: Not in the business of business

Earlier, Mozilla's Asa Dotzler asserted that Firefox has never – and should never – care about enterprise customers on Firefox.

But Mozilla's man would not be moved. In a comment to Walicki's post, Dotzler said:

Mike, you do realize that we get about 2 million Firefox downloads per day from regular user types, right? Your 'big numbers' here are really just a drop in the bucket, fractions of fractions of a percent of our user base.

Enterprise has never been (and I'll argue, shouldn't be) a focus of ours. Until we run out of people who don't have sysadmins and enterprise deployment teams looking out for them, I can't imagine why we'd focus at all on the kinds of environments you care so much about.
            Er, aren't all those end users going to want to access online banks and other sites provided be enterprises?
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              It looks like there's more fun to come from Mozilla.

Mozilla: Not in the business of business

Er, aren't all those end users going to want to access online banks and other sites provided be enterprises?
              I think the comment is in relation to not supporting old versions of the browser. It's typically enterprise users that are still on very old versions, causing endless headaches for web developers. IE6. Nuff said.

Comment

Asa Dotzler.

Is that a name from Monty Pythons?

Comment

Working...
                X