• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F***ing banks (LTSB specifically)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was your bank I would limit your transactions.

Years on the dole and unable to buy a house when people in your area are throwing them away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Anyway the point is - the bank might decline transaction because of volume but if owner calls in on the phone and authenticates and says it should go ahead then bank should have no fooking right to say you can't have it that day. Value of transactions was low, I'll take it all the way up to the new CEO of Lloyds TSB
      In the past when using a debit card I've had the bank call me to verify that I did purchase something online, I rather like the peace of mind that they're looking after my interests. Nowadays I use a credit card and pay off in full when due.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

How much did all the transactions come to?

£20?

£30?

You sure you just didn't run out of money?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          How much did all the transactions come to?
          Not much, probably less than half a DimPrawn's gold bar or there abouts.

I offered to pay in your tat furniture but the volume required exceeded all available shipping freight...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Not much, probably less than half a DimPrawn's gold bar or there abouts.

I offered to pay in your tat furniture but the volume required exceeded all available shipping freight...
            I am now speculating on a game of online poker .

Three flushes in 7 hands.

Comment

Are you playing with yourself again?

Comment

As the Mexicans say, there are three kinds of fools in the World: Those who dance with their wife, those who drink with their boss, and those who play online poker.

Those flushes are just the computer's way of reeling you in, like a gulping, gullible guppy on the end of a line.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  As the Mexicans say, there are three kinds of fools in the World: Those who dance with their wife, those who drink with their boss, and those who play online poker.

Those flushes are just the computer's way of reeling you in, like a gulping, gullible guppy on the end of a line.
                  I'm playing real people.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Isn't a guppy a small, pathetic little victim of a fish? Barely worth the effort of a kiddies hand net, let alone rod and reel?

Oh I see what you've done there...............
                    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I'm playing real people.
                      Cash or tournament ?

If you're half decent at poker you can take in decent money on 10c/20c cash tables if you can concentrate and read the donks, but I prefer sin'n'go tourneys (where one piece of bad luck/lack of concentration won't knock you out).

$25 sit'n'go is usually a reasonable standard of player but when you get used to it you can play four tourneys at a time.

It is possible though (and I do it regularly) to play $5 or $10 sit'n'go tourneys and sit out until the final three then start playing (albeit you'll be short stacked). If you get third place, you don't lose any money and if you get second or first you'll be up. Small amounts right enough, but it's all about the competition.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X