• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Citizenship test tomorrow - ask your questions here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    You are walking in East End of London. A blonde girl with a short skirt smiles at you.
    I live in the East End of London you bastard! If that happend to me I would think that she has escaped from St Clements Hospital
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by remontado
      Sorry guys, but what has all the previous posts to do with the UK Citizenship Test ?
      Your first post and you dig up this old thread.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear...

Comment

My housemate recently took (and passed) his citizenship test so I've read the book they give you while I was testing him.

Curiously, the book says we have general elections every 5 years (!) and the prime minister lives at no. 10 Downing Street (I know, traditionally he does, but not at the time of the test he didn't).

There were several other typos and inaccuracies in that book - told him to remember the mistakes and answer according to the book.

Makes for interesting reading. I didn't know half that stuff myself - the rest is just common sense.

Comment

That's right

Originally posted by realityhack
          My housemate recently took (and passed) his citizenship test so I've read the book they give you while I was testing him.

Curiously, the book says we have general elections every 5 years (!) and the prime minister lives at no. 10 Downing Street (I know, traditionally he does, but not at the time of the test he didn't).

There were several other typos and inaccuracies in that book - told him to remember the mistakes and answer according to the book.

Makes for interesting reading. I didn't know half that stuff myself - the rest is just common sense.
          Yes, I share this idea, the book is very useful in terms of general knowledge.
          The chapters 5 is about housing, debts and rentals, everyday jobs, I found them good for a person who is new to the country.

Comment

Originally posted by remontado
            The chapters 5 is about housing, debts and rentals, everyday jobs, I found them good for a person who is new to the country.
            So you'd recommend it as a refresher for someone coming back for a quick break after a few years away?

Any good bits on claiming benefit? I understand it's mandatory nowadays, so I'd better get the hang of it. When in Rome, and all that.
            Last edited by Sysman; 13 July 2007, 10:05.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Where is Mansfield Cask Bitter brewed?

a) Doncaster
              b) Mansfield
              c) Wolverhampton
              d) Bristol
              Thats a trick question. Sure to keep em out.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Well, possibly but its easy so long as you read and remember around 50 pages of text from official book.
                Just like taking a MCP exam then and remembering the braindump....

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
                  So you'd recommend it as a refresher for someone coming back for a quick break after a few years away?

Any good bits on claiming benefit? I understand it's mandatory nowadays, so I'd better get the hang of it. When in Rome, and all that.
                  Hmm, I am not sure if claiming benefit is mandatory, the government definitely won't push you to do so. But without a doubt the document is useful.

Comment

Seeking advise...

Hi! What about those paid "test packages" that are said to help you for the test. Are they any good? i mean, most of them are advertised to work, though they are priced (this one for instance). I Checked out others that are for free, but can anyone give advise or at least assure that they are worth it? do they actually help?
                    Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by nkoe
                      Hi! What about those paid "test packages" that are said to help you for the test. Are they any good? i mean, most of them are advertised to work, though they are priced (this one for instance). I Checked out others that are for free, but can anyone give advise or at least assure that they are worth it? do they actually help?
                      Thanks a lot.
                      Hmm, your first post and you dig this one up.

A Google search of "UK Citizen Test" doesn't bring this page up (well, not in the first 5 pages at least).

I can only presume you found it while rummaging around your belly button for fluff.

Comment

Working...
                      X