• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector strikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Oh FFS now the sun is going to shine? Where will the dishonesty of this government and the lies of the BBC ever end?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      You are the chancellor of the exchequer and I owe you £5.
      The reason that people pay tax is because of this perceived notional contract. Why else would we pay council tax if we did not expect to receive services for it? Why else would we pay income tax and ni?
      Er, because it's the law, enacted by every democratically-elected government for centuries? Because it's the price we pay for a civilised society. Because it's how we can get things done that we vote for the government to do.

But it's not the price of a sale, with a specific contract. It's tax to run a government.

Incidentally what I said about contracting, and about working in government, goes for politics too: if you don't like how politicians do it, you can always stand yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        Because it's the price we pay for a civilised society.
        There you go! Contract defined.
        Calling it a contribution doesnt make it a contribution any more than calling radiation magic moon beams makes it any less dangerous (NTNOCN).
        Last time I looked a contribution was voluntary.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Tax is not a purchase nor is it a donation but legalised theft enacted by government laws.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            Dim,

when are you off to your viller in Cyprus ?

Milan.
            Escape Blairs Britain planned 2nd half of this year.

(and for those that comment good riddence, the feelings mutual )

Comment

nice one

congratulations

will you be working over there - what doing ?

or contracting away from home ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                There you go! Contract defined.
                Calling it a contribution doesnt make it a contribution any more than calling radiation magic moon beams makes it any less dangerous (NTNOCN).
                Last time I looked a contribution was voluntary.
                Then you looked in the wrong place.

HTH

Comment

I will be running plan B - An internet based business I have been running in parallel to contracting for some time.

Also have £250K in savings and no mortgage and villa paid for. Which was nice.

So it's goodbye IT contracting. You can send it all to India now.

HTH

Comment

Good for you

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                      I will be running plan B - An internet based business I have been running in parallel to contracting for some time.

Also have £250K in savings and no mortgage and villa paid for. Which was nice.

So it's goodbye IT contracting. You can send it all to India now.

HTH
                      Congratulations.

Do you think all those grasping overpaid local government workers will do the same? No, I suppose not.
                      Last edited by expat; 28 March 2006, 15:07.

Comment

Working...
                      X