• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would it take for another general election to be held?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im in favour of proportional representation - the more bottles of decent wine / champers you can drink in one night while still pulling a student nurse slightly over half yer age, the more your vote counts.

I hereby declare myself the Honourable Member for Central Stockbridge and New Town, Edinburgh.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
      Im in favour of proportional representation - the more bottles of decent wine / champers you can drink in one night while still pulling a student nurse slightly over half yer age, the more your vote counts.

I hereby declare myself the Honourable Member for Central Stockbridge and New Town, Edinburgh.
      Student nurse in Stockbridge? Really??

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        I have little sympathy with the English there. The last of it evaporated when the first devolution referendum had a totally new threshold of 40% of the voters roll attached to it, by a gang of MPs who were:
        a. all English
        b. all elected with less than 40% of the registered vote themselves.

Well, maybe it was a good thing in the long run. I've always said that when the Scots finally go for their freedom, it will be the English who goad them into it.
        Once we've extracted and sold all of your oil, then you can go your own way. As for your oats and deep fried Mars bars, well we can survive without them

Comment

Yup. Her mum introduced while I was in Ricks Bar getting through £1200 quids worth of champagne celebrating a contract with Atos Origin / Alexander Mann, and some rather good news regarding my health.

I still have two signed copies of the 6 month renewal, (also countersigned by Parasol complete with offical stamp as a record), which they subsequently reneged on and 'terminated' me at 4pm BY EMAIL, despite my PM sitting 15 feet away, on the last day of the original contract, with him having told me in secret that they couldnt afford the budget, asking me to take a two month holiday, saying 'take a pay cut now and ill increase it at christmas' - depending on how much holiday the others take', and 'youve just had the all clear for cancer havent you, wouldnt you want some time off...?'.
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
            Once we've extracted and sold all of your oil, then you can go your own way. As for your oats and deep fried Mars bars, well we can survive without them
            So can I! And as for the oil, if that's the price of freedom, it's a bargain. Unfortunately you have already had most of the oil but we don't have the freedom

Comment

So can I! And as for the oil, if that's the price of freedom, it's a bargain. Unfortunately you have already had most of the oil but we don't have the freedom
              Well, look on the bright side - the cabinet is chock full of sweaties. You can't move for the feckers! If that doesn't give Jocko-land an edge, I don't know what does.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                Well, look on the bright side - the cabinet is chock full of sweaties. You can't move for the feckers! If that doesn't give Jocko-land an edge, I don't know what does.
                An edge? In what way? Only being independent stops you from being a minor province, which automatically carries all the negative aspects with it (I don't mean that the English people in general want to exploit Scotland, on the contrary I realise that they personally are prepared to subsidise "the regions" - I just think it doesn't work out that way).

And Brown (to name the biggest one) is so keen on being PM of the UK that he'll do anything to prove he's not in any way anything other than British.

BTW
                1. Don't you think the term "sweaties" is insulting?
                2. Why are you doing that? Have I done anything to merit it, like insulting you?
                3. Jocko-land, same comment. Am I insulting England? I don't wish to.

Comment

BTW
                  1. Don't you think the term "sweaties" is insulting?
                  2. Why are you doing that? Have I done anything to merit it, like insulting you?
                  3. Jocko-land, same comment. Am I insulting England? I don't wish to.
                  Hey - I'm Welsh.

I don't think you know the real meaning of 'insulting' unless you're Welsh.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                    Yup. Her mum introduced while I was in Ricks Bar getting through £1200 quids worth of champagne
                    OK, right... Stockbridge is where the clothes in the charity shops are better than what you normall get new in the shops.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                      Hey - I'm Welsh.

I don't think you know the real meaning of 'insulting' unless you're Welsh.
                      OK Taff I'll let you off. Christ knows why. But we are just about the only 2 peoples in this corner of Europe that have never fought each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X