• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob says you are all lazy bastards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Mr Tata, you may have noticed that most people in Britain live in clean, well maintained houses in neighbourhoods with proper roads, sewage systems and even some nice trees to freshen the air. They quite like being at home because in most cases, it's quite a nice place with a nice roast chicken in the oven. Maybe people in India stay at work longer because for many of them, going home involves leaving a comfortable, clean, air conditioned office to traipse through open sewers and piles of garbage and dying lepers on the way to a cramped and dirty little shack in the hope that their wife's scraped together enough rice for them to have a meal before grabbing a few hours kip in one room with the rest of their extended family.

But of course, Mr Tata, I expect you've forgotten how most people in India live.
    I live in Bradford, I don't see your point
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      If there is a crisis I would be far happier knowing that the management where safely outta the building where they can't cause any more damage
      The problem is that there will always be a crisis. Worked with a bunch of Bobs who were regularly bullied in to working very long hours.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        To be fair after they took ownership they've turned it around to make £1 bln profit whilst still making real things that are in demand outside of this country.
        We're coming out of a recession with increased demand and Ford basically did F all with JLR. More an indication that JLR could make money if money was put into it.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I have not read the article and I assume he does have a point - up to a point.

There is a signifcant proportion of the UK population who have been bought up thinking that not working and living off benefits is an acceptable way of life. However that is not the majority.

I am sure most of us have been on projects or been in work where things have gone tits up and so extra work until the wee small hours is required.

However continually working until Midnight to get out of a crisis points to incompetent weak management.

But as I say I ain't read the article...

Comment

Mr Tata, you may have noticed that most people in Britain live in clean, well maintained houses in neighbourhoods with proper roads, sewage systems and even some nice trees to freshen the air. They quite like being at home because in most cases, it's quite a nice place with a nice roast chicken in the oven. Maybe people in India stay at work longer because for many of them, going home involves leaving a comfortable, clean, air conditioned office to traipse through open sewers and piles of garbage and dying lepers on the way to a cramped and dirty little shack in the hope that their wife's scraped together enough rice for them to have a meal before grabbing a few hours kip in one room with the rest of their extended family.

But of course, Mr Tata, I expect you've forgotten how most people in India live.
            Our Bobs in Bangawhore have drivers! Must be higher caste Bobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
              We're coming out of a recession with increased demand and Ford basically did F all with JLR. More an indication that JLR could make money if money was put into it.
              The fact that no Western (nevermind British) group wanted to buy JLR off speaks for itself - they took the plunge and seem to be benefitting from it even without outsourcing the whole production offshore.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                But as I say I ain't read the article...
                That's all you should have said

Comment

There lies the soft underbelly of european business culture
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    There lies the soft underbelly of european business culture

Comment

The British have a crap work ethic, especially when you work your way down the salary ladder. At the lowest end British workers are just ******* lazy and think they're better than everyone else.

That's why we have to have so many foreigners come in and work. Makes me sick people who won't take work (BTW I haven't read the article yet so just venting on lazy workshy ****ers)
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X