• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Scheme - Episode 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad how full on smack abuse is almost expected and tolerated by parents.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Sad how full on smack abuse is almost expected and tolerated by parents.
      Gobsmacked at this again!! Got me giro, gunna bye smack.

I also have to keep rewinding to ask the wife WTF they're saying!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just been given a dressing down from the GF.

"this is what I work with every day"

"OK, but the neds are funny"

"No they are not"

"ehh, yes they are"

Comment

Just and endless line of public sector workers trying to make out it is all out fault.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Just and endless line of public sector workers trying to make out it is all out fault.
            Of course, the 16 year old knocked up by the 20 year old heroin addict (who looked like a 12 year old) was given a new flat. 'yeah I'm getting a new kitchen. I'm getting a new bathroom. He spends all his giro on smack!'. Nothing wrong with that model. :

Why the **** do we not ban benefits!!!??

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Why the **** do we not ban benefits!!!??
              Because not everyone who gets benefits is a smack head or an oxygen thief?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Because not everyone who gets benefits is a smack head or an oxygen thief?
                Brrrrrrrrr. They may not necessarily be a smack head but oxygen thief.....

90% of people on benefits could take a job, it's just that 'minimum wage' is an insult. Some people are to proud and precious to take 'work', because that work means cleaning, waiting, service etc.

Benefits are a travesty. They kill effort and a work attitude. I once claimed a weeks 'income support' when I was 19 and I still feel ashamed. And for the record, this is my real view not a CUK troll. I have no time for it or the people who
                claim it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Brrrrrrrrr. They may not necessarily be a smack head but oxygen thief.....

90% of people on benefits could take a job, it's just that 'minimum wage' is an insult. Some people are to proud and precious to take 'work', because that work means cleaning, waiting, service etc.

Benefits are a travesty. They kill effort and a work attitude. I once claimed a weeks 'income support' when I was 19 and I still feel ashamed. And for the record, this is my real view not a CUK troll. I have no time for it or the people who
                  claim it.
                  Nah. You're 'avin a laugh again. Current benefit levels are £50 a week? No bugger could survive on that and no bugger would choose it.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Nah. You're 'avin a laugh again. Current benefit levels are £50 a week? No bugger could survive on that and no bugger would choose it.
                    Add in free prescriptions, dental, council tax, rent and then recalculate that toots!

Comment

Sadly an awful lot of people choose that and supplement it with a bit of "borrowing". I don't think we should abolish benefits cos there are some truly needy people out there, but there are also those who take the piss.

What we really need to get rid of is the situations where most of the wage earners in a family are out of work long term. And TBH we need to do something about the quality of work as well, a lot of minimum wage jobs would still be demeaning if they paid 10x as much.

doodab in used to be poor once mode.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X