• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greece WILL default on its debts ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree.

I lent Stavros, waiter at the best fish taverna in Faliraki ten Drachma in 1992, and the **** hasn't paid me back a penny.

Comment

Actually what will happen is the default will be dressed up as something else.
      But I'll still make a lot of money.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Actually what will happen is the default will be dressed up as something else.
        But I'll still make a lot of money.
        Yes sas, of course you will. Now back into bed before the nurse catches you again.

Comment

All sorts of prediction going around now..

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article29092.html

Many are going to receive this with skepticism. EURO is set to soar esp against the US dollar and UK pound.

As per the EU stat released debt maturity schedule of PIIGS, a total of 370 bn euros was paid in 2010 while 328 is set to be paid in 2011. What is important to understand though is that the amount due to be retired decreases to 96.5 bn euros in 2016.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            All sorts of prediction going around now..

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article29092.html
            Even if the ECB has to step outside its mandate to purchase all PIIGS debt in 2011/12, the balance sheet hit should not be more than 600 bn euros compared to a USD 2.3 trillion for the US. And that is the worst case esp given that Italian and Spanish yields are currently comfortably placed led by strong auctions.
            So basically everything is going to be fine for the €, it's the $ we need to worry about especially if they can't agree this debt ceiling increase.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

"Even if the ECB has to step outside its mandate to purchase all PIIGS debt in 2011/12, the balance sheet hit should not be more than 600 bn euros compared to a USD 2.3 trillion for the US. And that is the worst case esp given that Italian and Spanish yields are currently comfortably placed led by strong auctions. "

So basically everything is going to be fine for the €, it's the $ we need to worry about especially if they can't agree this debt ceiling increase.
              He he 600 billion they said, looks like its more like 2 trillion Euros that is needed. And of course that means prinitng money.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

He he 600 billion they said, looks like its more like 2 trillion Euros that is needed. And of course that means prinitng money.
                I suspect this is a hedge against the consequences of default rather than a simple debt buyback scheme for the next couple of years.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I suspect this is a hedge against the consequences of default rather than a simple debt buyback scheme for the next couple of years.
                  You think? I'd wager everything that every penny will be used up
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

You think? I'd wager everything that every penny will be used up
                    It will quite possibly be lent out, yes. If Greece defaults, as seems likely, it will need to cover the requirements of the eurozone periphery for an extended period, not simply the next 6 to 12 months or so.

Comment

I can not see the point of bailing out the Greeks.
                      I do not see how anybody can control their profligate spending.
                      I seem to remember reading that they saw the first bail out as an excuse to spend more.

Unless some controls can be put on Greek spending then the only sensible thing to do is eject them from the Euro and carry the loss.
                      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                      X