• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce lawyer who understands contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I have female kids, and will instill it the same. But with a bit of luck they'll turn out to be gay or nuns and not have to face the rancid heap of slime that passes for much of modern manhood.
    You are Josef Fritzl and I claim my 5 Austrian groats.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

England - prenups are recognised in Scotland.
      But if you marry in Scotland but live in England or have business interests there, then the other half can apply for case to be heard there, or can it be forced to be heard in Scotland?

This sort of tulip was done to those who lived outside of country so I think having prenups in Scotland is good but does not fully change situation until England recognises them.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Guess this will mean that my future wife will have to be a lawyer, I am sure she'd understand me
        To understand YOU she'd need to be a Rune-Reader!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          To understand YOU she'd need to be a Rune-Reader!!

AtW playing cards with the boys.

Comment

Christ. I was inspired by this topic as, to be fair, my ex-wife isn’t going to contest anything in divorce (partly because she’s too lazy to actually research into how much she could get from me, and partly because she’s not malicious at all). Feeling quite lucky about this, I rang her up to say that I wanted to give her some money – not shed loads, but £2,000 which would be quite nice for her and it’s just sitting in my ISA.

We got talking about stuff and SHE asked ME how it was going with my new girlie and I said I was happy and things were going pretty well and she went mad. FFS, don’t ask me if you don’t want to know you mad old bint!

In all fairness though, I’m lucky here. I pay a lot more money than the CSA would make me, and we review my payments every 6 months to account for peaks and troughs in my career. However, I’d be a lot worse off if she was malicious and I think it’s important I recognise that.

In our case, once I started contracting, she gave up her job which upset me no end. I wasn’t happy and was on her case to get a new job. Ultimately, the problems it caused ended our marriage. So she’s not got much money now, but I’d argue it’s in spite of me, not because of me (i.e. she didn’t give up her career to allow me to concentrate on mine for example). That said, I still feel a moral obligation to ensure she’s alright for money – not just the kids, but her as well. One thing’s for sure though, I’m never getting married again.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
              One thing’s for sure though, I’m never getting married again.
              Hey GillsMan..............you really DO make sense.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                You are Josef Fritzl and I claim my 5 Austrian groats.
                Now I understand why you keep pestering me for parenting tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Now I understand why you keep pestering me for parenting tips.
                  When I asked you the best type of padlock for securing a door I wasn't asking about parenting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    When I asked you the best type of padlock for securing a door I wasn't asking about parenting!!!
                    I do realise you sent the PM with the title as 'Dating Tips', but they are still at junior school so it counts as parenting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      But if you marry in Scotland but live in England or have business interests there, then the other half can apply for case to be heard there, or can it be forced to be heard in Scotland?

This sort of tulip was done to those who lived outside of country so I think having prenups in Scotland is good but does not fully change situation until England recognises them.
                      Normal people live in one country so it's not really an issue.

The super rich can claim to domicile (with the help of their lawyers) in quite a few countries if it suits them.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X