• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waiting for agent call after interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    When would you assume that the gig was dead. 1 day 2 days a week after interview?
    Don't give up too easily. As long as they have not called to tell you that you did NOT get it then you are in with a shot.
    Just call the person at client co what interviewed you and ask. If busy try again.
    Since the agent will still get his fee he does not mind that you take initiative.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      Don't give up too easily. As long as they have not called to tell you that you did NOT get it then you are in with a shot.
      Just call the person at client co what interviewed you and ask. If busy try again.
      Since the agent will still get his fee he does not mind that you take initiative.
      Good idea. Perhaps then send them a fruit basket with a note attached asking 'Did I get it or wot?', then maybe wait for them outside the building to ask them in person.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Good idea. Perhaps then send them a fruit basket with a note attached asking 'Did I get it or wot?', then maybe wait for them outside the building to ask them in person.
        Exactly.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          Exactly.
          Thanks guys I appreciate your help, just found the managers home address so Ill turn up there in case he went home early. Im sure his wife will let me wait if he isn't there yet.

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate your help, just found the managers home address so Ill turn up there in case he went home early. Im sure his wife will let me wait if he isn't there yet.
            Good. And hurry back to give us the latest installment of this gripping thread.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Good. And hurry back to give us the latest installment of this gripping thread.
              Says the guy who started a thread about balls.

Comment

Says the guy who started a thread about balls.
                All your threads are balls.

Comment

All your threads are balls.
                  At least I have a pair.

Comment

At least I have a pair.
                    They don't work though.

Comment

They don't work though.
                      I have 2 kids though so Im sure they do.

Comment

Working...
                      X