• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currys and PC World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSFW

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    True, but the country is overflowing with idiots. Enough idiots with money to buy electronics and they can keep in business for a while yet
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      I was in Staples over the weekend with a friend intended on picking up something for his girlfriend, and we were the only ones in there, apart from about 10 staff.

Turns out they didn't stock the item he was after so he's getting it off the internet, where I would have started anyway. Especially when the internet prices including delivery are still cheaper than these big stores charge (and need to to cover their massive overheads).
      What a coincidence, I was in staples yesterday trying to find a glass desk mat I'd seen on their website as I wanted a look before I bought one.

I was told it wasn't something they held in store so I ordered one from somewhere else.

To be fair Currys online is often one of the cheapest and you have the added convenience of a physical shop to take your frustration out on if things go wrong. I used the store as a showroom and then ordered online when a bought a tumble dryer a few months back.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I think you may find in recession people look how to save money and online shopping is perfect for that.
        However, a lot of the mainstream idiots who buy from these stores do so on credit something which online retailers don't offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          However, a lot of the mainstream idiots who buy from these stores do so on credit something which online retailers don't offer.
          A lot of online retailers offer credit also, and there are always credit cards...

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            As I found out in the 1990s, these places often offer cheap or zero interest credit and if you pay cash you can get something knocked off. I used to buy at the end of the month when salesmen would be keen to hit their targets.

You don't get that room for negotiation on a web site.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X