• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Henry Cooper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less well known was his long-standing opposition to British fascist parties.

Comment

RIP 'Enry - true British boxing legend and a gentlemen.

Let us also remember the Brut adverts with Kevin Keegan

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
        RIP 'Enry - true British boxing legend and a gentlemen.

Let us also remember the Brut adverts with Kevin Keegan
        Brut was horrible. But Our 'Enery done a good advert.

PS I remember an April Fools Day BBC broadcast 25 years ago about the new over-50s heavyweight boxing division. Henry was in on it, along with Muhummad Ali and a few others. Then a few years later along came the likes of Foreman and Holyfield and it almost became fact.

Comment

Remember the classic Brut ads at Christmas... "Brut 66, on the 25th"

and didn't he do the Daddies sauce ads too?

I was always in the "Hai Karate" camp though...

Comment

With 'Enry's death it only leaves Thatcher alive from the "Your boys took a hell of a beating" rant from Bjørge Lillelien.

RIP
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Bit of a coincidence that Our 'Enery died on the same day as Osama Bin Laden.

Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen them at the same time?

Comment

Was he world champion?

Comment

I hope you realise that a spirit is not allowed to rest in peace until it's read all the individual "Rest In Peace" tributes to it on the internet. New heaven rules.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    Was he world champion?
                    No, UK, Commonwealth and European Champion, but I assume you already know this as this is supposed to be a dig at mourning "a failure"
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      No, UK, Commonwealth and European Champion, but I assume you already know this as this is supposed to be a dig at mourning "a failure"
                      No I never knew any of that, was just wondering why he was so famous. I suppose for knocking down Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X