• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking the piss or what!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Poor girl! An abusive boyfriend and a "friend" who won't lend money unless he gets a shag. Sounds like she needs to move away and start again.
    Lend her the money on the pretence of a shag. If you don´t get it, knock her around a bit as she already seems used to it.

(This post may or may not represent the views of the actual poster)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      You are thinking with your dick

If you really are a friend you would give her the money and would not expect it back.
      She has been horribly abused by someone she trusted FFS.
      WPS.

Prick.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Top tip

If you really must give her the money, go on the thetrainline.com and check out the price you would pay for the ticket a month from now outside of peak time. Send her the price of that ticket. That way you can still feel good about yourself without having to spend a fortune. If you get a shag out of it - bonus!

Comment

Just offer the support she needs financial or otherwise or is that too simplistic?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Just offer the support she needs financial or otherwise or is that too simplistic?
            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Yes.
              What would you know?
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                What would you know?
                Enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Female friend of mine has just had the crap kicked out of her by her now ex-boyfriend, she has been holed up at her mums as she can't face going back to the flat on her own. I suggest a few days away with some mutual friends of ours might do her some good, I even say I'll sort out train fair etc as I know she is brassic.

She comes back and says she doesn't fancy going away but she'd rather just have the money.

If she got the 'crap kicked out of her' you should have been onto the police or offered to beat the crap out of the perp, not offered a train ticket.

Who owns this sockie?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Female friend of mine has just had the crap kicked out of her by her now ex-boyfriend, she has been holed up at her mums as she can't face going back to the flat on her own. I suggest a few days away with some mutual friends of ours might do her some good, I even say I'll sort out train fair etc as I know she is brassic.

She comes back and says she doesn't fancy going away but she'd rather just have the money.

She's one of your mates who may now be in a dire financial situation as where she was living is now not an option. She also might not want to be at her mother's because she's having to admit that she's being living with a loser who has physically hurt her.

And you're whining about her having the cheek to ask for the money? You were happy to give her cash if it had strings attached e.g go away with you. Was that a friends with benefits situation? Ever occurred to you that if someone has just had the tulip kicked out of them last thing they may want to do is shag someone else? Only thing she really needs to do is sort out her taste in the opposite sex.

Comment

Working...
                    X