• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the pound fell on ONS inflation figures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You see monthly changs of +/- 3% every month? Nothing to write home about.
    You see, that is what a trend signifies.

Oh look, the Pounds been rumbling along quite nicely against the Euro last couple of months, oh wait a minute, it's just lost half a cent in the space of an hour and a half, I wonder if that downward spiral is going to indicate anything.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      I wonder if that downward spiral is going to indicate anything.
      I've provided link to last years data - it shows clearly that EUR/GBP can go up and down 3-4%, that's normal volatility.

There is no trend in it.

Comment

I've provided link to last years data - it shows clearly that EUR/GBP can go up and down 3-4%, that's normal volatility.

There is no trend in it.
        Over a 20 day ******* average!!!!!!!!

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          Over a 20 day ******* average!!!!!!!!
          And you think it's a trend for currency to drop 1% at start of trading when overnight there were some bad news?

Below is total eur/gbp trading history:

What do you reckon is the trend from this one?
          Last edited by AtW; 26 April 2011, 23:49.

Comment

You can't talk of a trend using like 24 hours worth of data, especially when it is presented in a more or less fraudlent way with base fixed at non-zero thus totally misleading people who won't pay attention to axis Y's values - anyone who uses charts in such a way deserves to get fired very quickly.
            Anyone who can't read a graph with axis that don't start at zero ought to leave thinking to the grown ups.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X